MySQL Connection Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logic

Bobby Billionaire
Feb 8, 2012
I set up IIS with MySQL 5.5 community server, MySQL Net Connector 6.5.4, and PHP 5 on my PC (Windows 7). I'm not opening a Hotel, just developing a theme for someone. Anyways, whenever I fill out the RevCMS configuration file, it is throwing an error when I load "localhost." Here's the error..

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\app\class.engine.php on line 48

Line 48 is..
Code:
$this->connection = $this->mysql[$type]($_CONFIG['mysql']['hostname'], $_CONFIG['mysql']['username'], $_CONFIG['mysql']['password']);

Which I know is what connects the CMS with the database. I've put the correct information in my configuration, and still throwing off that error. I'm not sure if I have to do anything specific since I'm using my home computer, but below is my config file.

I know my MySQL is working right because I can setup a connection & databases in Navicat.

Thanks for the help!

SkeetEmUp

Habpl.us
May 16, 2011
Uncomment the line extension=php_mysql.dll in your "php.ini" file and restart Apache.
Additionally, "libmysql.dll" file must be available to Apache, i.e., it must be either in available in Windows systems PATH or in Apache working directory.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Did you just install it? This happens all the time on my PC - you could restart Apache, PHP or MySQL or just restart your computer, but I get this quite often when I do a fresh install.

Or, that may not be the problem, make sure you have a PHP install that supports 'mysql_connect' (PHP 5.3.20, most recent no longer support it).

Logic

Bobby Billionaire
Feb 8, 2012
Uncomment the line extension=php_mysql.dll in your "php.ini" file and restart Apache.
Additionally, "libmysql.dll" file must be available to Apache, i.e., it must be either in available in Windows systems PATH or in Apache working directory.

I am using IIS 7, not Apache.

Did you just install it? This happens all the time on my PC - you could restart Apache, PHP or MySQL or just restart your computer, but I get this quite often when I do a fresh install.

Or, that may not be the problem, make sure you have a PHP install that supports 'mysql_connect' (PHP 5.3.20, most recent no longer support it).

So which version of PHP should I look into then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread