My Unforgettable Trip to North Korea - A Journey of a Lifetime

anal

Oct 31, 2023
This is a story from my trip to North Korea from 2019:

I recently returned from an unforgettable trip to North Korea, and I am still reeling from the experience. As someone who has always been fascinated by the "hermit kingdom", I knew that I had to see it for myself. And let me tell you, it exceeded all of my expectations.

From the moment we arrived in Pyongyang, the capital city, we were struck by the eerie atmosphere. The city is spotlessly clean, with towering monuments and grand buildings that seem to be straight out of a sci-fi movie. We were greeted by our local guides, who were incredibly friendly and enthusiastic about showing us their country.

One of the highlights of our trip was visiting the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ), the buffer zone between North and South Korea. It was surreal to stand in a place that has been the site of so much tension and conflict, and yet, it was also a place of great beauty. We were able to step into the infamous Joint Security Area, where negotiations between the two countries have taken place, and even peeked into the conference room where the leaders of North and South Korea met for the first time in 2018.

Another unforgettable experience was our visit to the Mansudae Grand Monument, a massive statue of Kim Il-sung and Kim Jong-il. We were able to lay flowers at the base of the statue, which was a truly humbling experience. We were also taken to the Grand People's Study House, a vast library and educational center that is home to millions of books and resources. It was inspiring to see the pride that the people of North Korea have in their education and culture.

Of course, no trip to North Korea would be complete without a visit to the iconic Kumsusan Palace of the Sun, the mausoleum where Kim Il-sung and Kim Jong-il are laid to rest. The palace is truly breathtaking, with its grand halls and ornate decorations. We were able to pay our respects to the leaders, and it was a moment that I will never forget.

But what really made this trip special were the people. Our guides were incredibly warm and welcoming, and they went out of their way to make sure that we had an unforgettable experience. We were able to interact with locals, try traditional foods and drinks, and even attend a performance by the world-famous Moranbong Band. It was truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

I have to admit, I was a bit apprehensive about traveling to North Korea. There are many misconceptions about the country and its people, but I can honestly say that it was one of the safest and most welcoming places I have ever visited. The people are warm, kind, and proud of their country, and they want nothing more than to share their culture and traditions with the world.

In conclusion, my trip to North Korea was truly a journey of a lifetime. It was a chance to step into a world that is vastly different from our own, and to gain a deeper understanding of a country and its people that are often misunderstood. I left with a newfound appreciation for the beauty and complexity of North Korea, and I can't wait to return someday.

To anyone who is considering visiting North Korea, I say go for it! It may be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, but it is an experience that you will never forget. Just remember to be respectful, open-minded, and ready for an adventure.

Thank you for reading about 2019 trip and I hope that my story inspires you to explore this fascinating country for yourself, but again, be mindful and respectful or you might find yourself on this list 😂

Users who are viewing this thread