My trip to: Venice and Milan (Italy)

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
Hey, This is a thread from when i went to Venice & Milan in italy last year,

First off i landed in Venice, I was in venice for 5 days i think it was, to get there my flight got cancelled a day before! but then we got another with the compan..This flight we had to go from newcastle to brussel and brussels to venice, Venice was amazing, i wish i could go back there tbh ^^, I just love the way they travel via boats, theres no cars, lorries just boats travelling along the canals of venice, Venice is just a city built upon water. Its connected via various bridges throughout the city, Its a massive tourist destination and the biggest attraction there is probaby St Marks square, It received around 1000+ Visitors A DAY, and this is where all the cruise ships stop off at.

In Venice i was paying literally 20 euros each meal, twice a day, this was because a meal cost like 12 euros, then it was like 3 euro for a can of coke or 2.50 euros for water, Then ofcourse there was service charge/tip which you had to pay, Most of the time i gort pizza ^^

In venice there wasnt much nightlife, however there was an american bar called "madigans" where i met a few americans and it was great!, went there most nights and played beer pong and flip cup haha,,

through the day in venice i either went looking at different attractions or Went with my friend over to "the lido" which..you guessed itm Was the Beach!, we spent like 5-6 hours ehre a day, it was like 33 degrees so we just sat on beach burning in the sun and getting ice cream etc, it was Great.

then we went to milan for 3 days, Milan is basically a place to go shopping, all it is is full of shops..There wasnt much to do except look in shops, however we did go to the football grounds and have a look around, and also went to the park which was down the street..

questions or anything just ask ^^, Id defo go again though.

Thats all for now tho...

Heres a link to the photo album with a few pics in

Olly_

Oct 21, 2011
Looking at some photos, if it rains that must have a heavy impact on the houses/shops around it.

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
Nah it did rain, it was just like any other city ^^ was mainly sunny though

Clit

Posting Freak
Feb 25, 2012
Yeah, it's best to know someone who lives there, I have family, The entire Italian side of my family is still in Italy,
Locals don't eat out, cause of how much it costs ;)

Users who are viewing this thread