Show DevBest My small not the best site

rhyce

Mar 6, 2012
Alright ladies and Gents as most of you know. I am Rhyce and i am generally a decent habbo radio DJ / Presenter as people do tend to say. I aint any good at making sites wish i was tbf but im not but aye cant be good at a lot of things can i.
All i am asking is you check my site out its under con yes it is a webs domain. People think i cant afford it. But its not that i am having cash flow issues and i aint afraid to say it so wanna laugh and joke about go straight ahead i really am not botherd. Anyway please check it out and tell me how to improve in any way shape or form so i can make the site a little less crappy
You must be registered for see images attach

Magic

Posting Freak
Oct 11, 2012
I'll start of saying that I have seen worse, how ever there is a lot of room for improvement.

* The social media icons are ugly, they are all different and look like default images from google. They also don't have to be anywhere as large as they are now. try having a set small of icons.
Have a look here for some other icons:

* Your spelling and grammar is quite horrible and looks unprofessional, you should proof read it and fix any errors that there are.
* Consider changing the fonts to something a little bit more custom? Of course everyone has their own opinion about fonts and not everyone is the same but you could always consider browsing google fonts.

* Thirdly I am not a huge fan of the box shadows, they are unnecessary and don't add any real visual attraction in my opinion.
* Looking at your navigation i found that the home button has a black background but the contact button doesn't, consider making them the same.
* Try making the two images on the home page the same size, this will make your website more pleasant to look at.
* What is the big black bar down the bottom?

There is some more things you could change but I don't want to sound like an ass, it's good to see you trying and you will improve over time.
The best way to learn is to code so you're on the right track.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
When you do a href on a image, make sure you remove all kinds of text decoration so you won't get those borders around the images.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Is this coded? Not 100% sure how Webs works, but last I checked it was pre-made and you just used an editor to add in content/media?
If this is coded, mind sharing the code so we can have a cheeky peek?

Magic

Posting Freak
Oct 11, 2012
Is this coded? Not 100% sure how Webs works, but last I checked it was pre-made and you just used an editor to add in content/media?
If this is coded, mind sharing the code so we can have a cheeky peek?
I sort of assumed this but now that you bought it up i'm starting to have doubts ;o

Jeffrey

Devbest Indian Tech Support
FindRetros Moderator
Feb 5, 2013
Im thinking like weebly you can install your own theme <3 I need to make a habbotard theme one of these days.

Users who are viewing this thread