Show DevBest My second website design.

Dobby

Nov 8, 2010
Hello everyone. Just thought i would let you all see this as i would like some opinions. At the moment i haven't added any other pages i just want to know what everyone things about the layout/look of it.

I was asked to make a website for a friend because she is starting her own cattery business. She asked for something neat and rather business looking. Here is what i have so far.

dxmsty.png

Still a work in progress.

Dobby

Nov 8, 2010
She wanted something that would be easy to edit herself so i'm going basic as can be :L

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Nice for a second attempt of a web design. But there is too much top padding on the content box

wite

Posting Freak
Aug 3, 2012
Nice for a second attempt of a web design. But there is too much top padding on the content box
I agree, 10px of padding would have been fine.

Not bad for a second, work on that content box though, looks real fat. Maybe even try 2 columns! :)

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Simple and sweet - especially for a second attempt.

Try looking up css3 box-shadow and maybe use some light shadow on the content box and a ligjter border color. Just a suggestion.

IntactDev

Nov 22, 2012
This is pretty nice! I don't really like the logo as the font looks sloppy, imo.

I also think she means a 'catering' business now a 'catery'. But in other words, keep it up.

Nehalem

Aug 31, 2013
Nice, but I don't like the colors... gray is so boring. Try red and white, or something like that.

And it reminds me of prntscr.com.

Btw, the logo font is really nice. Good work!

Dobby

Nov 8, 2010
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I really appreciate it. I have taken what has been said and have changed the padding and style of the content box. I will post another image of the website soon as i have added a jquery FAQ page and i will soon be adding a css image gallery.

Dobby

Nov 8, 2010
Okay so guy i havent really done much to this template but i added a simple header sort of thing to it and i was just wondering about peoples opinion. What do you think?
2w4ijwz.png

Keno

Mar 12, 2012
nice. the links are too close together my dude and not a big fan of the bg but looking good :*

Users who are viewing this thread