My Review for Xbox One vs PS4.

Enlighten

Oct 1, 2013
Review on Xbox One and Playstation 4

Throughout the releases of the new coming consoles, the Xbox One and the Playstation 4, there has been a debate over which is better. In November, both of the consoles are finally releasing. Gamers will then finally get their own opportunity and see if their opinion is correct like they have been arguing over.

The Xbox One will feature 8 CPU’s, 8GB of RAM, 500GB Hard drive; also, if you buy it, it will come with a Kinect 2.0. The Kinect features 1080p. Other than the speculations of the system, Xbox One will also be partnering with Skype. With this, you can watch a movie on Netflix or Hulu Plus and still answer a call. Xbox One’s input places will also now be in the back unlike the 360’s USB ports in the front. Also, there will be 3 USB ports. Other than the system, the controllers will be getting advanced as well. The grip on the analog sticks will improve. It will be easier to game with. The controller has made over 40 new modifications. It even added devices over the controller’s insides that makes the controller vibrate which will interact with your gameplay better.

In the recent paragraph, I explained the positive effects of the Xbox One, in this paragraph; I will provide you the negative effects. One of the negative effects of the Xbox One is you have to pay for a membership per year. Another effect is the price of it when it is released, it will be released for $499. However, it is $100 more for the cost of the Kinect. Also a bad thing with Xbox is the privacy of the Kinect. It will be easier for people to join on people’s cameras and invade their home privacy. It will basically be a media device along with gaming.

Now I will give the side of the PS4’s. The effects for getting a PS4 are the price like I said before, the PS Eye, CPU, Bandwidth, and the controller. The PS Eye is basically a Kinect for the PlayStation. The PS Eye will not come with the console on purchase unlike the Kinect will though. You will have to purchase it separately. The CPU for the PlayStation is more updated than the CPU for the Xbox One. However, recently the Xbox One has improved the CPU by a few percent to try and stay ahead in the better console debate. The bandwidth for the PlayStation 4 is also more improved than the Xbox One by a few as well. The controller will also be a more positive effect. The controller is said to have a share button so you can share your screenshots easier and what not. Also on top of the controller there is going to be a blue light to help your gaming experiences. Negatively though, the Ps4 will also require memberships now and it will not have as much media programs as the Xbox.Cloud storage for both consoles [Free cloud servers for game developers on Xbox One]Xbox One learning AI cloud bots, [Learn from previous played games, so they are more like playing other people in real-life]PS4 no need to have subscription to get into online applications [although not as much apps as Xbox one, but PSN is cheaper]300,000 Xbox Live servers, [More faster, reliable uptime]Xbox One kinect 2.0 can be unplugged, turned off anytime.. meaning there is really no fault in privacy if its off..
Credits also added from the user, 'Damon';
  • Cloud storage for both consoles [Free cloud servers for game developers on Xbox One]
  • Xbox One learning AI cloud bots, [Learn from previous played games, so they are more like playing other people in real-life]
  • PS4 no need to have subscription to get into online applications [although not as much apps as Xbox one, but PSN is cheaper]
  • 300,000 Xbox Live servers, [More faster, reliable uptime]
  • Xbox One kinect 2.0 can be unplugged, turned off anytime.. meaning there is really no fault in privacy if its off..

As you can tell, the debate over the two consoles will be a constant war trying to be the top dog till the release. Both consoles are trying to beat each other. It’ll be up to the people when the releases come to decide who will win. My choice is that Microsoft will. I’m not only choosing the Xbox will because I’ve been a fan boy of Xbox for the past few years but I think Xbox will end up being the best.
[Credits; Myself and Damon]

Last edited:

Damon

Aug 13, 2012
Nice review, some things you could probably add is:
  • Cloud storage for both consoles [Free cloud servers for game developers on Xbox One]
  • Xbox One learning AI cloud bots, [Learn from previous played games, so they are more like playing other people in real-life]
  • PS4 no need to have subscription to get into online applications [although not as much apps as Xbox one, but PSN is cheaper]
  • Xbox One kinect 2.0 can be unplugged, turned off anytime.. meaning there is really no fault in privacy if its off..
Also just adding:
Prices of the two consoles, in two seperate shops in Australia. There is only a $50 price difference but with the Xbox One you actually get the Kinect.
gQz2s8Y.png

Both consoles are outstanding will need to see which console will win. [Microsoft for me]

Damon

Aug 13, 2012
Is it a rumour that the Kinect camera is always turned on?
As I stated above,
"Xbox One kinect 2.0 can be unplugged, turned off anytime.. meaning there is really no fault in privacy if its off.."
So, no it does not always need to be turned on.

Enlighten

Oct 1, 2013
Nice review, some things you could probably add is:
Also just adding:
Prices of the two consoles, in two seperate shops in Australia. There is only a $50 price difference but with the Xbox One you actually get the Kinect.
gQz2s8Y.png

Both consoles are outstanding will need to see which console will win. [Microsoft for me]
Ah yes, yes. I wrote this for a report for school. Just had it on my computer so I uploaded. :p Also, I have added your statements to my review. I gave credit.

Last edited:

Damon

Aug 13, 2012
Ah yes, yes. I wrote this for a report for school. Just had it on my computer so I uploaded. :p Also, I have added your statements to my review. I gave credit.
credits are not really needed, as its not my information, just knowledge :p

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
As I stated above,
"Xbox One kinect 2.0 can be unplugged, turned off anytime.. meaning there is really no fault in privacy if its off.."
So, no it does not always need to be turned on.
Yeah but you can't turn it on without the Kinect, and if your ISP blocks the NSA you're immediately banned and your xbox disabled. If you dont activate your xbox with a mountain dew everytime you turn it on, you're blocked out for 24hrs.

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010
May also be good to know that in some countries (such as mine(Norway)) the Xbox One won't be released till 2014.
Thus a lot of people, including myself, will not be able to get hold of one in November..

And in the case of which will win, In my case they'll both win. Why hate a console? The games are what matters, not the consoles they're played on.

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
Why are you reviewing something before its even out yet?

You can go on speaking about its features and what processors it has, which will be able to run games better and what-not but you can't properly review something until it has been fully released to the world because you don't know for sure how each console handles these features. You can't effectively review something and say which console you prefer better until you get a chance to play BOTH consoles otherwise these are just words to you.

Despite that, this is merely a review, more of a comparison between the consoles which is something Devbest has seen waaay too much of. You kids need to stop making threads like this and just start commenting on other threads which discuss the EXACT same thing.

Last edited:

Enlighten

Oct 1, 2013
Well, it's not really a review on gameplay. It's just a review on the features and a based opinion on which I think will do better.

Users who are viewing this thread