Multiple Habbo Questions

qwlaesd

Feb 20, 2023
Can I start building on my retro before I have a server and let someone on for them to build or will I need to acquire a server? How do I get a server located in a certain location so that my ping is how I want it? Is there updated ways to create a retro now a days?

Elissa

Elite Donator
Aug 3, 2024
The best way is to acquire a server.

At a lot of hosting companies you can just choose where you want your server to be located.

For an updated way to create a retro I'd recommend this tutorial:

DDDDec

Tongue Boxing Champion 2023
May 30, 2017
or you can just host it on your local machine or a vm and port forward your net so you are not wasting a bunch of money until its fully completed for you to release

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
or you can just host it on your local machine or a vm and port forward your net so you are not wasting a bunch of money until its fully completed for you to release

What he said.

• Attempt to setup a virtual machine locally (or rawdog it and run it on your machine, up to you).
  • At-least attempt to setup a retro following a high quality tutorial
-
-
-

This way you'll get an understanding of what's required when it comes to managing it. You'll save money on paying someone (or at-least figure out what you should be paying for some tasks), and you'll save money on wasting VPS days.

qwlaesd

Feb 20, 2023
As in server you mean a VPS or what? I’m honestly confused and throwing words around that sound familiar but I just want to know more in detail.
Post automatically merged:

Proxy = DDos Protection?

Users who are viewing this thread