Most Successful retro

Status
Not open for further replies.

iWonder

Nov 9, 2011
Okay, my Thoughts of the Most Successful Habbo Retro.... Hmmm.....

NONE

Cause really, the most successful hotel must be able to Succeed more then Habbo... As in Getting over 2mil+ Users to your Hotel, Updating your Site, Update your Hotel, So.... Well Besides that i think the most successful hotel would be, Blah hotel.

Sean

‫‫‫‫‫‫  ‫  Don't Worry, Be Happy
Dec 12, 2011

NONE

Cause really, the most successful hotel must be able to Succeed more then Habbo... As in Getting over 2mil+ Users to your Hotel, Updating your Site, Update your Hotel, So.... Well Besides that i think the most successful hotel would be, Blah hotel.
Why would it have to beat Habbo. It is a retro which is under a different catagory.

TheJoshy

PlusHost.org -> GOGOGO
Jul 4, 2010

NONE

Blah is gone mate.

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
iSean is right, no retro in so far will have competition with habbo.
I don't think EVER.

Retro's are under a different category.
There is never going to be just one succesful retro.
Because e.g. Tomorrow some other hotel might open and get more hits than any other.
So Blah would have been the most succesful "at the time", but since it's closed another retro will bump up.

May not be right... But my opinion :)

Navigation

Posting Freak
Feb 15, 2012
I don't think ANY hotel is successful in the way your speaking off,

For example. [Blah, they had a good few years, and then closed down, due to reset. The owner didn't bother to re-setup, so I don't think he should get credit.]

It's not just user count, It's the fact the hotel needs to be dedicated, and the donations go towards the hotel, no one in my opinion has fully topped this, only segments.

Basil Ali

Aug 15, 2011
You can base success on two things, Goals met or Build met

If your goal is to be the most popular retro, than your hotel is successful, then you would consider it successful.

However, if you want to put it in a "Build met" way, here are my thoughts on it:

To be honest, with the top retros these days, none of them care to bring up new stuff to make them different from Habbo. It's usually graphic wise, which anyone could do. I'd like to see some people try and change the game of retros in general. The only retro i'd consider to be the best are the Habbo Role Play servers. Other than that, it's just another copy of Habbo. Not a lot of innovation and since anyone can make a retro these days, it's all about popularity contest. Even as what Habbo states is true, a lot of retros, including mine, (just to establish no bias), are poorly moderated. Since the staff are closely tied to the users, a lot of favoritism is applied. Also, too many people get so much credit over a lot of these things that people give to them free, then claim it as their own is completely ridiculous. Just because you have a higher amount of users on a retro doesn't mean it's successful, there are a lot of points that need to be addressed before it can be successful. Until all those points are met to be successful and let me state them here; Originality; Graphic wise, features wise, etc, User base; Popularity, Controlled Community, etc, Administrative; Non-bias staff, no favoritism, etc. If you can't meet a successful point in all of these points, it's not really successful.

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
3e5b2c86dc2ca069fb20cc1980b853a3.jpg
There are many retros with different qualities, features, services etc..., you cannot say a retro is successful even if it hits 1,000 users up, have their economy stable etc... if they have not beaten the one they are actually emulating, the original Habbo. Those hotels who even have the highest user count cannot be successful 'cause they cannot beat the original Habbo. That's all :)

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
I just wish something would come out of developing retros.
I love the fact that we've kind of evolved in a way and created "RolePlay". This is awesome because it's our own thing.
It'd be successful to be different. Like COMPLETELY. If there was a hotel that done something of the nature and turned out good? I'd say that's successful.

MubarikHZH

Join The Revolution
Mar 11, 2012
I think the best retro's are the retro's which yeah don't have a big user count but a Retro which has a Nice Community and a Dedicated Owner , Kevin Owner of Habless just got recently attacked by Jonteh of Zap Hotel , Jonteh completely Destroyed us but Kevin was determind to bring Habless and so now we are still up even though we have lost alot users , We were reaching 800 Users before Jonteh back-stabbed us now we are only reaching peaks of 90 Users Online but not Daily around 30-50 Users daily.
So I would Say for Dedication and Determination Habless Hotel.

Harrehson

Apr 27, 2012
Hi,

Due to this thread being posted on RZ, I decided to post it here.

What do you think the most successful retro is? - Comment Below!

I will comment after the first five.
Bubbo Tottaly but because it shut down i would say Zap!

zuc0001

Apr 21, 2012
In terms of Users, I would have to say ZAP is pretty popular now. They've hit a peak of 2000+ users.
The staff are ok on there though, Jonty ftw <3

SkeetEmUp

Habpl.us
May 16, 2011
The topic of this is "Most successful retro" Its not your opinion on what is successful and what isn't... and its not comparing to Habbo as Habbo isn't a RETRO.

There obviously is a more successful retro than everyone, But it changes at all times. So instead of saying 'no retro is successful because they aren't bigger than Habbo' ... Give me Habbos earnings and i'll become more successful than Habbo... and get sued.

I believe the most successful retro was Xtron back in its day, They had a full on radio backing it with celeb interviews that were actually legit for the site. Not big celebrity's like wrestling ones but was still very professional.

At this present time base on usercount I believe Zap. They aren't that professional in terms of staff and having resets but in terms of usercount getting over 2000 for a english hotel is amazing.

Other than that Sunnieday is very good. Getting so many users on often is a great achievement.

The retro world changes so often so it will be interesting to see who has a new successful retro next week! :D

Tranquilizer

Jan 24, 2012
I would have to say Fresh. I remember playing that all the time before I started my own. Great staff and community on there but the economy kind of sucks. They give out too many creds.

lhazze53

Apr 30, 2012
3e5b2c86dc2ca069fb20cc1980b853a3.jpg
There are many retros with different qualities, features, services etc..., you cannot say a retro is successful even if it hits 1,000 users up, have their economy stable etc... if they have not beaten the one they are actually emulating, the original Habbo. Those hotels who even have the highest user count cannot be successful 'cause they cannot beat the original Habbo. That's all :)
You keep posting about, Habbo being the most successful, when in fact this thread is about the most successful "RETRO". Not Habbo. Habbo wouldn't count though, maybe if you said "Most successful retro compared to habbo, user count wise" but yet again, in the end your right. No hotel will be better then them. Since we copy them and when we copy something of theres, there is always something else that they have whipped up one after another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread