Monitor recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
Hello friends

I am in need of some new monitors (or one, or whatever) as my current 1080p ones are showing their age a bit. I do not like reading technical reviews because they highlight things I was unaware of and that annoys me as those things then play havoc on my brain. I have a list of monitors I'm eyeing up:

• Apple Studio Display - 5k, 27"
  • Dell U2723QE - 4k, 27"
  • Alienware AW3423DW - 3440x1440, 34"

I use a MBP (M1), an AMD laptop (Thinkpad from work) and my desktop (AMD RX5600XT). I am leaning towards the Dell monitor (cheapest by far). Pls advise. Thx

Liam

discord.gg/hivehub
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Apr 10, 2013
The Dell and Alienware monitor both seem good. Out of those options, I'd probably agree with your choice.

I've just got the Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 - 4k, 32" monitor.

I was wondering if it's worth the upgrade from a 240hz to 360hz monitor and someone recommended I get a 1440p or 4k monitor, but advised that a curved screen is better suited for those resolutions. Loving it so far.

Hope you can find the one you want before long.

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
I have the VG27AQ, and it's good enough for the price.
I do like the high refresh rate offered
The Dell and Alienware monitor both seem good. Out of those options, I'd probably agree with your choice.

I've just got the Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 - 4k, 32" monitor.

I was wondering if it's worth the upgrade from a 240hz to 360hz monitor and someone recommended I get a 1440p or 4k monitor, but advised that a curved screen is better suited for those resolutions. Loving it so far.

Hope you can find the one you want before long.
My ideal monitor would be 4k, 27 inches and 120hz+ (I have seen a HP one that offers this but I've not always had a good time with HP equipment..). Shopping for monitors is such a pain in the ass because apart from Apple, no other retail stores put decent monitors on display 😭
Post automatically merged:

I decided to go with the U2723QE

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread