Minimum Post Count

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean

‫‫‫‫‫‫  ‫  Don't Worry, Be Happy
Dec 12, 2011
Shout-Box Suggestion:

Their should be a minimum post count of 10 or 50 before gaining access to the shout-box, as when their are not staff online like today it is vulnerable to other forums and hotels registering just to attack the shout-box with spam.

wite

Posting Freak
Aug 3, 2012
50 Posts will stop nubs going in the shout-box and saying "OMG I NEED HRELP WID MY HROTEL OMG MY EMURATOR WONT START, HERP ME PREASE I AM CHRINESE"... Then they will read the rules first hopefully. ;)

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
I agree, when I'm online the Habbo spam on the shout box isn't that bad but it'll always help.

Sean

Dec 12, 2011
What if people start spamming to get sbox? lol
It's less likely and you can't really spam as it has a time delay between your posts...

Sean

Dec 12, 2011
Your telling me someone can't get 50 posts within 1-2 days? Thats just spam imo.
But I hardly think that Habbotards are going to go through the effort doing that just for a shoutbox, IMO they can just move along to the two other large forums related to Habbo :)

Beast

Posting Freak
Sep 15, 2011
But I hardly think that Habbotards are going to go through the effort doing that just for a shoutbox, IMO they can just move along to the two other large forums related to Habbo :)

Without them this forum would have no posts lol imo its a bad idea however yes there is a benefit but then why would we need mods?

Sean

Dec 12, 2011
Without them this forum would have no posts lol imo its a bad idea however yes there is a benefit but then why would we need mods?
This is just for the shout-box... Which is not related to the parts of the forum as it's for general chat among the users. The moderators have the rest of the forum to moderate

Beast

Posting Freak
Sep 15, 2011
This is just for the shout-box... Which is not related to the parts of the forum as it's for general chat among the users. The moderators have the rest of the forum to moderate

Your telling me they don't have to mod the shoutbox? If anything should hire some chatbox mods.

Sean

Dec 12, 2011
Your telling me they don't have to mod the shoutbox? If anything should hire some chatbox mods.
No offense but I don't really think you understand this so... Oh well!

Beast

Posting Freak
Sep 15, 2011
No offense but I don't really think you understand this so... Oh well!

No offense but I don't think you really understand the downfall in this it was my opinon no reason to argue it's going to cause spam in the forums making it harder for mods if anything there should be mods for the Sbox only or its not even needed usually atleast 1 staff member is online. If there is a 50 post requirement are you going to put a limit on posts per day? Honestly 50 post's should take atleast 5 day's at the least but if people want sbox ofc they will spam and a 30 second interval between posts will not stop them.

Anyways it is all upto and what he feels is better for the forum.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Put it this way, new members will not even know we have a shoutbox, and even if it does mean they start to spam; more content posted and for the new moderators a lot more moderation will be done.

Beast

Posting Freak
Sep 15, 2011
Put it this way, new members will not even know we have a shoutbox, and even if it does mean they start to spam; more content posted and for the new moderators a lot more moderation will be done.

I think its a bit too much of a hassle! What makes devbest better then rz & os is the shoutbox and luckily we have a active shoutbox, new users might get turned away from the forum if there is no shoutbox I feel :s.

Jo$h

Posting Freak
Jul 7, 2010
Most of the time, you can just remind the habbotards not to talk about Habbo in the shoutbox and they stop. Instead of assuming that new members are spammers or habbotards, let's assume they are good people, and let their actions decide their fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread