Minecraft Submissions (Christmas Competition 2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
THIS THREAD IS FOR SUBMISSIONS ONLY!

That means, do not comment on anything in this thread.

A few general rules:
  • You must find a natural spawning village in Minecraft and decorate it with a Christmas theme.
  • Submissions should be in the form of an Imgur album.
  • Please limit it to one per user.

If you see a submission that you like, like it. The person with the most likes will win.

Vanish

Rising Java Developer
Dec 8, 2013
My Eyes hurt.. this took me about 2 hours to do the tree and 30 mins to find a village.
9zsPKrb.png

FFa40Gp.png

RNjyGD2.png

Last edited:

Blueoptic

Time Is Money
Jun 23, 2014
CrushEm's Minecraft Christmas Village Submission
My village theme took about 1 hour and 30min. The longest part was the DevBest logo. It took me about 5minutes just to figure out how to arrange the "D" so it wasn't weird looking. And no thats not what she said.. The first side took about 15-20min, the second side was quick because I could see my progress through the other, and finished as fast as 5min.

I restarted the layers of the tree 3 times. It my opinion it was hard trying to add a bunch of levels to the tree. Made it as realistic as possible.
( The 5 thick layers in total ; Lowest, low, middle, high, top )

I added the snow all along the grass, on top of houses, and a small thin layer on the prezzie as a "ribbon".

I used:
Wood, Colored wool, snow, Glow stone, Oak Leaves, Gold, Emerald, Diamond, Sponge, Webs, Torches, (Potions; Swiftness/NightVision).

OL8dRv5.jpg

5Z4BNMW.jpg

dP3lxf6.jpg

UA8Cyh9.jpg

0RlmbUV.jpg

qMCsJXh.jpg

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Village Area: Desert
Time to find village: 36 minutes
Time planning: 3 minutes
Time building: 42 minutes
Total Time Taken: 81 minutes
Designed by: JayCustom

BMfyHum.jpg
oKBBddi.png
F7NFReR.png
y0EWj3k.jpg
76g8zyi.png

Favorite Part: Sleigh with horses as reindeer on roof

General Idea:
The redstone lamps are suppose to be christmas lights, and we all know that we use the same lights every year and a few of them are broken (and the fact I couldn't get redstone to the corner ones)

The christmas tree isn't so much lit up as it is colorful with banners (Couldn't find anything that looked good, wanted to be original)

Snow melts I believe in the desert during the day so I just used white carpet which looks like snow lol

Torches are suppose to be "cheap" christmas lights..

Find the album here:

Waltz

Jun 16, 2011
tooks me 10 minutes finding the village and 40 minutes to decorate it.

nWNbfGq.png

0Ef5Tbq.png

Album:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread