PC Minecraft Realms

nullError

Feb 15, 2013
about-logo.png
Minecraft Realms is a new, safe and simple way to experience the enjoyment of Minecraft with friends! This service was made so people can own worlds and play with friends hassle free! Minecraft Realms, will be accesible to players without any technological knowledge at all!

Features
Easy to use - Once you’re logged into Minecraft, Realms is just a few clicks away. It won’t require you to set up LAN networks, configure IPs, or mess about with ports. We’ve already done that for you. It’s the easiest way to host an infinitely big, personal, and private Minecraft world.

Good Value - Only the host of a Realms server needs to pay a subscription fee. They will be available via the Mojang account page or through a link in-game, and will initially come in 1, 3, or 6 month packages. The price is £8/month, but if you choose a bigger package you'll get a better deal.

Safe and Secure - Only invited players can join a Realms server, and the host can add or remove players from their approved list with a few clicks. Worlds gets automatically backed up at regular intervals, and the host can restore their Realm to a previously saved state at any point.

Always Avalible - Realms servers are always online, even if the host isn’t logged in. Up to 20 players can be invited to a Realms server, and up to 10 of them can play at any one time. Inviting players and accepting invitations is a simple process that happens from within your Minecraft client.

For more infomation, visit for FAQ visit

Jeffrey

Devbest Indian Tech Support
FindRetros Moderator
Feb 5, 2013
This Seems Okay, but there is more to come soon :)
i'll wait once they have everything ready.

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
The FAQ they opened up is absolute shit. They might as well not allow anything at all and not even have an FAQ at the moment.

- You can't upload your own Minecraft world
- They don't support serverside texture packs
- You can't see which approved players can access the server
- You can't use command blocks.

olliedean

ollie.cool
Jan 28, 2013
"Their PC/internet might not be good enough to host a minecraft server"

Learn to read, ey bud? Not to mention your PC would have to be on 24/7 and it's not exactly the safest of options from what I know.
I see your point. To make it 24/7 U need to lock your computer which means it can overheat and burn your battery. Fair played Sysode.

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
But you can just host a minecraft server on ur pc for free.
please read what I said
Because a server might be out of someone's price range and their internet/PC might not be good enough to host a minecraft server.
They may only have one computer, and generally most computers can't play Minecraft and host Minecraft at the same time.
And not everyone has the kind of internet needed to host MC either, look at the speedtest thread, ignore my post(s). Although minecraft doesnt require very good internet, there are lots of people that don't have good enough internet to host a playable minecraft server.

olliedean

ollie.cool
Jan 28, 2013
please read what I said

They may only have one computer, and generally most computers can't play Minecraft and host Minecraft at the same time.
And not everyone has the kind of internet needed to host MC either, look at the speedtest thread, ignore my post(s). Although minecraft doesnt require very good internet, there are lots of people that don't have good enough internet to host a playable minecraft server.
I already did read that. Just forgot to reply.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
I see your point. To make it 24/7 U need to lock your computer which means it can overheat and burn your battery. Fair played Sysode.
Well, no. That's not the 'safety issue'. In case of other people to connect, you need to open your port and give it your IP, if not find alternative ways such as Hamachi which is pure shit. Also if you want to run both a Minecraft server and play Minecraft on your PC, this will take quite some activity of your CPU (RAM isn't really a problem for running the server).

As for "No point. Why not get a server." - some people might just want it simple and safe. If the creator of the game offers hosting for their own game - people can be asured (atleast I assume so) it is safe, and also Realms has a big button on your start screen. So please, before you bump a 5 month old thread, atleast make sure your facts are straight, and you have something smart to say. Oh and as you're a newcomer - don't argue with Mace because he won't give up (he's anoying like that) and you'll probably lose anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread