Minecraft causing PC To Restart

WockoLad

SELECT * FROM `lads` WHERE `username` = 'WockoLad'
Dec 24, 2014
Basically. I've got a ASUS nvidia Geforce 750ti with a AMD A10 Quadcore Processor running at 3.8ghz and 16gb GDDR3 Memory running at 1866mghz.

If i'm playing Minecraft EVERYTHING is smooth at the HIGHEST SETTINGS. Whenever I exit the game or sometimes the PC Will just restart by itself.

Or even if i'm opening up a application such as file explorer.

I'm running Windows 10 with the latest Drivers inc Motherboard drivers.

Please help? xoxoxo

WockoLad

Dec 24, 2014
Is your processor overclocked? it sounds like your CPU or GPU are overheating. That or you have an unstable overclock.
Nope, left it alone. I did have the default stock AMD Cooler on it. I thought this might be why it keeps crashing. I installed a After Market Cooler and it's still doing the same.

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
So download something like Prime95 or Intel burn test (even though you have an AMD processor itll still work) and download HWMonitor or SpeedFan (less accurate) and see if your GPU/CPU/RAM are going above 75-80 degrees Celsius
Check your temperatures when you're ingame, if you're boiling your pc then you should know what to do :p
He can't switch out of the game without crashing I believe, so he needs to run a benchmark that doesn't cover the screen.
But yes if you could play minecraft and then look at your temperatures that would mean you could skip downloading prime95 or intel burntest.

Ethereal

Neurotic Male
May 18, 2013
Nope, left it alone. I did have the default stock AMD Cooler on it. I thought this might be why it keeps crashing. I installed a After Market Cooler and it's still doing the same.

You could try doing a clean install of your GPU drivers, this can be done by going to the Nvidia install directory (C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\361.43 [this should be the number you see]\Win10_64\International\setup.exe), double clicking the exe, selecting custom install and then checking the box for a clean install. I get the feeling it's GPU related, apparently sometimes Minecraft selects your integrated GPU which could certainly lead to overheating. You could try reinstalling/updating Java, too. :/

#AMDMASTERRACE

Last edited:

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
You could try doing a clean install of your GPU drivers, this can be done by going to the Nvidia install directory (C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\361.43 [this should be the number you see]\Win10_64\International\setup.exe), double clicking the exe, selecting custom install and then checking the box for a clean install. I get the feeling it's GPU related, apparently sometimes Minecraft selects your integrated GPU which could certainly lead to overheating. You could try reinstalling/updating Java, too. :/
Or just do F3 in game it should tell you what adapter it's using :p

WockoLad

Dec 24, 2014
I've just installed a arctic pro rev 2 Fan onto the CPU and it's still doing the same thing. I've done a fresh install of Windows 10 inc Drivers and i've updated the Java

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
I've just installed a arctic pro rev 2 Fan onto the CPU and it's still doing the same thing. I've done a fresh install of Windows 10 inc Drivers and i've updated the Java
Download temp monitor software to make sure nothing is overheating. If this isn't the problem try checking error logs, hardware may be faulty / drivers corrupt.

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
go open event viewer
He didn't say it was blue screening?
You should check your temperatures. And maybe your power supply doesn't have enough voltage. Does it only happen when you try and go into another window while the game is open? is minecraft in full screen (pressing f11 not full size window)? Or does it also happen when you're playing games and it will just randomly shut off? I think I'm not sure what the symptoms are.

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
I'd just reinstall the whole OS, tbh.
How would this resolve OP issue? They have already attempted a fresh install of the OS + reinstalled the drivers.

My guess is most likely going w/ faulty hardware or high temps due to poor cooling/ventilation, if possible you could always try another GPU or something to see if it is the main cause (of course if you have another or an old spare available that you could quickly use to test against the issue).

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
Hold the phone, are you using an APU?

I was using an A8 awhile back and it did the same thing as yours, it would just not give a fuck and restart when minecraft or WoW started raping it.
I never used an APU ever since, perhaps you should ditch AMD and leave Teso to die with AMD :p

Ethereal

Neurotic Male
May 18, 2013
Hold the phone, are you using an APU?

I was using an A8 awhile back and it did the same thing as yours, it would just not give a fuck and restart when minecraft or WoW started raping it.
I never used an APU ever since, perhaps you should ditch AMD and leave Teso to die with AMD :p

That could indicate that Minecraft is using the APU graphics, not the 750ti, running Minecraft on max could quite easily cause an APU to overheat. Apparently APUs give false temperature readings, pretty messed:
aGNdKNe.png

Users who are viewing this thread