Mercury EMU

JustBoss

Nov 7, 2012
Hi guys, I'm hoping to upgrade to an r63b hotel in the near future, but on my spare vps where I'm testing one for the past hour now i've tried different downloads of Mercury EMU 2.3 & 2.2.5, and each time it times out..
It remains on the following content for a good 5-10 minutes before it timesout, I'm running on 64bit

5FOd9OT.gif

JustBoss

Nov 7, 2012
Before I switched to my current r63b files, yes I did.
Have you even edited the extra settings file? + Make the port 30000 and Mus 30001.

Code:
## Mercury Emulator System Configuration File
## Must be edited for the server to work

## MySQL Configuration
db.hostname=localhost
db.port=3306
db.username=root
db.password=passwordhere
db.name=r63b

## MySQL pooling setup (controls amount of connections)
db.pool.minsize=1
db.pool.maxsize=500

## Game TCP/IP Configuration
game.tcp.bindip=0.0.0.0
game.tcp.port=30000
game.tcp.conlimit=11000
game.tcp.conperip=100
game.tcp.enablenagles=true

## MUS TCP/IP Configuration
mus.tcp.bindip=0.0.0.0
mus.tcp.port=30001
mus.tcp.allowedaddr=0.0.0.0

## Client configuration
client.ping.enabled=1
client.ping.interval=20000

TehVelocity

Sep 25, 2014
My advice is if you don't want your hotel getting hacked, either fix the exploits or get a different emulator. I was using Mercury for awhile and then I got hacked because of an exploit I didn't notice.

JustBoss

Nov 7, 2012
My advice is if you don't want your hotel getting hacked, either fix the exploits or get a different emulator. I was using Mercury for awhile and then I got hacked because of an exploit I didn't notice.

I can't get the EMU to work anyway. and the PlusEMU doesn't want the client to connect to the database either (see other thread).

BenHands

Oct 10, 2011
I've noticed that Mercury takes a while to load, and connect to the database. As my server has 2GB of Ram, and still takes a while, I'd say if you had 1GB of ram, it'd take slightly more time to load up and connect.

If there's any other errors, I use Mercury on my server, and would be willing to help you.

Users who are viewing this thread