Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
logo_h.png
What is Meme.eu?
Meme.eu is a website which allows people to create memes either by using the templates available and/or uploading their own images. We also have various sharing options allowing our users to share their/or other creations on various social sites.

When will it be online?
Currently the site is in 'maintenance mode', I am just finishing up some final touches before releasing it to the public. I will update the thread here when it is online

Some screenshots:
- Homepage
- Some of the available templates
- Meme Creation page (select font size, select font family, outline colour, text colour, add more 'captions')
- Viewing a meme (social share buttons, meme views, facebook comments built in for each unique meme)

Other pages I cba to screenshot:
Popular page - This is the top 10 rated Memes, you must be logged in to 'love' a meme and cannot vote your own
Recent Memes - These are the most recent meme's that have been created
NSFW - The name says it all, this is the equivalent to 'recent memes' however this is for NSFW.
Create your own - This allows you to upload your own image to use as the 'meme background'

Special Thanks:
All those that participated in beta and provided feedback/bug reporting (ill add names later)
Those that have made donations towards the site, you will receive a coloured name once PM'ing me if you register (beta testers will also receive a coloured name)

Other links:
Facebook -
Twitter -
(yes I know they are pretty plain at the moment)

Anyone that wishes to advertise on the site, PM me, Devbest members will receive special 'advertising packages' while the site gains users

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Beta tested for this, it's a nice site. Custom script makes it more original and it's nice to finally see the site up and moving on.

Nice work, Kyle!

Reactions: Kaz

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Interesting, are the images generated via PHP?
It was php generated to start with, but it was taking a while for larger images to be created.
I then decided to use a html5 canvas which uses kinetic js.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Beta tested for this, it's a nice site. Custom script makes it more original and it's nice to finally see the site up and moving on.

Nice work, Kyle!
Yeh. Origionally i was looking at a script to buy, and then modify the css.
But then 1. Its not my work
2. Theres loads that all use the same script
3. Using my own code, i have my own system which allows me to build, as i know what is what and where.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Seems like you could go far with this!
I hope it does, but then again i have learnt quite alot building it.
I have some features that i plan to start with soon.
One of them i have never seen on a meme site before

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
I hope it does, but then again i have learnt quite alot building it.
I have some features that i plan to start with soon.
One of them i have never seen on a meme site before
stay dedicated, include some nice custom features and it should get somewhere. It defo has the potential.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Another thing, Sorry but I don't really like the style at the moment, Too blocky in my opinion but I'm only one person!
Thanks for the feedback

Lol apply for
Me.me
Meme
I would love that name but if i remember right, getting a premium .me domain from domain.me, its something like $17000+ or i can rent the domain.
I may look into it a bit more
Just had a look
4. The applicant must be able to demonstrate significant traffic, or make an offer of a one-time payment of no less than EUR 20,000 (does not include annual registration fees). Significant traffic means average daily unique visitors of no less than 15,000 (or minimum of 450,000 per month). A proportional mix of traffic and one-time payment is also acceptable, for example, 7500 unique visitors per day and a EUR 10,000 one-time payment.

jayk

Retired Habbotard.
Sep 4, 2013
I love making meme's just to fuck with people. Kaz I will start making them on your website! :p
Great release Kaz. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread