Making filter() ignore ÆØÅ

Abidas

Oct 22, 2012
Hello Devbest,
I'm quite new to PHP and was wondering if I could make the filter() function to ignore special characters like ÆØÅ, as the characters is quite used among the danish people. In this case I'm working on a news comment system for RevCMS, and I'm trying to filter the $comment variable.

Please tell me if anyone is able to help me out, or if you need more information about the script itself.
Regards, Abidas.
(pardon me for my english, it's not my native language)

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
Hello Devbest,
I'm quite new to PHP and was wondering if I could make the filter() function to ignore special characters like ÆØÅ, as the characters is quite used among the danish people. In this case I'm working on a news comment system for RevCMS, and I'm trying to filter the $comment variable.

Please tell me if anyone is able to help me out, or if you need more information about the script itself.
Regards, Abidas.
(pardon me for my english, it's not my native language)

You mean ignore as in Not allow them?

Abidas

Oct 22, 2012
You mean ignore as in Not allow them?
No, I mean ignore them as allowing them and not allowing everything else.
ÆØÅ works just fine without the filter() but then the site is vulnerable to XSS.

I just realised that the title is quite misleading, I apologize

Vanish

Rising Java Developer
Dec 8, 2013
No, I mean ignore them as allowing them and not allowing everything else.
ÆØÅ works just fine without the filter() but then the site is vulnerable to XSS.

I just realised that the title is quite misleading, I apologize
And so is the thread, i'm lost, do you need filter() to ignore special characters or to allow them, please make this clear.

Users who are viewing this thread