Making custom room models

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010
Hello DevBesters! Here's a small tutorial on how to create a custom room model. I'll explain how and what the different letters or numbers mean in the database on it's way.

What you need:
  • A working r40+ database (most people use r63 nowadays)
  • A CMS set up, so you can see if you've done it right (of course this includes working SWF's aswell)
  • A working emulator
  • Simple designing knowledge.
Step 1
Start up your emulator and go into your database. Then find the table "room_models" and click "insert".
Step 2
Learning the letters and numbers and their functions.
  • "x" is the blank spots, this means you decide where the black spots without a floor shall be.
  • "0" is the middle floor, mainly where you walk at once you get in the room.
  • "1" is the upper floor, mostly used to get to these areas by adding stairs.
  • "2" is the stairs. These are somewhat hard to use, atleast for me.
  • "3" is the lower floor. Also gets to these areas by using stairs or other stuff.
Step 3

Creating the room model itself. The codes need to be structured in how the room model will look. Here's an example:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x0000x000000x0000x
x0000x000000x0000x
x0000x000000x0000x
x0000x000000x0000x
x0000x000000x0000x
x0000000000000000x
x0000000000000000x
Screenshot of room design above:
xzbGyC.png

You can also play with the door values for your own, but i wouldn't suggest uploading a custom room model that is not finished onto an open hotel a the emulator require a restart to update the room model of a room.
When you have made your room model, save it and insert it into the database.

Step 4
Adding the room model to a room.
The room model won't be shown in the room creator in-game, this means you have to create a random room and update it's room_model either via DB or via you HK. When this is done, restart your emulator, and go into your room! It should show up as you designed it!
Step 5

Understanding the door concepts. First you need to have knowledge of what the x and y axis are, the X axis is the horizontal line, which makes the door go forwards from it's current position. The Y axis is the vertical one, which makes it go up or down your room model. The Z does only let it go higher up, like if you want the door on the second floor. Door_dir pretty much says itself, it makes the user go into the door in one direction.

Image of door-areas in the tabel:
MPoAQt.png

Remember: door_dir is usually 2! And you will have to insert in the id row, "model_somethingherewhichyoudecide".

Any problems, questions or suggestions regarding my tutorial is appreciated and will be answered as fast as possible.

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010
where is my door, its a jail :confused:
I haven't added a door, the following image explains what you need to do there,

dEwDYb.png

If you are good when it comes to x and y axis, go forth and play around! ;D

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010
I will apply rooms for Habztar hotel, as i'm the official room designer there. I am currently doing all rooms on my localhost, due to not having to restart the hotels server so many times.

I can set this, and the other one i have ready up at habztar now, but finding the link for habztar is up to you.

Aug 29, 2011
I will apply rooms for Habztar hotel, as i'm the official room designer there. I am currently doing all rooms on my localhost, due to not having to restart the hotels server so many times.

I can set this, and the other one i have ready up at habztar now, but finding the link for habztar is up to you.
Yes, sure. PM me the link, thanks. ^u^

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Nice tut Sindre, piece of piss once you get your head around it all, making the doors are easy aswell, just takes sometimes getting used to how the X & Y works as 1 doesnt = 1 (in terms of spaces)

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010
Nice tut Sindre, piece of piss once you get your head around it all, making the doors are easy aswell, just takes sometimes getting used to how the X & Y works as 1 doesnt = 1 (in terms of spaces)
So true, i have no problems making doors aswell, but i just managed to forgot how X & Y works as it's a fairly long time since i last made a custom room. I'll update this when i have gotten this back into my head.

Jesus

Oct 3, 2011
Very legit is this i love to see more of this because your hot obviously with these kind-off things as i've previously seen your other threads.

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010
Very legit is this i love to see more of this because your hot obviously with these kind-off things as i've previously seen your other threads.
Urr, thanks i guess.

Updated! Now includes how to add a door!

Users who are viewing this thread