Mac OSX Bootcamp - Windows 8 Desktop is tiny!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshuaLuke

Posting Freak
Jan 29, 2012
Hi,

I installed win8 via bootcamp on my MacBook Pro 15" retina. And my desktop is tiny! How can I fix this?:

VWsqO.jpg

I also attempted to ajust the screen resolution on Windows but it turned out all blurry and was letterbox'd.

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
Mines alright, i'm pretty sure if you would ask them on the official Microsoft site you should be able to find the answer.
BTMFR79oUntitled22222.png

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
Are you on a mac with retina display though?
Shit, i haven't payed attention to what you said, all trough my answer won't change, i'm pretty sure you could find the answer if you seek for it in the official microsoft site.

ButtLord420

Please delete my devbest account.
Dec 11, 2010
Don't adjust the resolution, adjust the size of the items (not sure where the option is, forgot it.)

Robbo

Cooked unit
Jan 5, 2013
Just a little info about bootcamp on macs, it chews up alot of your original partition such as your mac osx. When you partition it to a set amount of GBS it will chew off more gbs on your original os. Thats what happened to me when i booted win7 onto my mac. I only used it for css, but then it ended up taking like 50GB off my origial partition randomly so i deleted it.

DaLightz

See ya'll in the afterlife.
May 19, 2012
Update your Intel video drivers. Simply install Windows Updates.

Ecko

23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]
Nov 25, 2012
Just a little info about bootcamp on macs, it chews up alot of your original partition such as your mac osx. When you partition it to a set amount of GBS it will chew off more gbs on your original os. Thats what happened to me when i booted win7 onto my mac. I only used it for css, but then it ended up taking like 50GB off my origial partition randomly so i deleted it.
You probably had that problem because the partition was over 32GB or if you partitioned it as NTFS. Mac OSX can read and write FAT/32, but can only read NTFS.

Robbo

Cooked unit
Jan 5, 2013
You probably had that problem because the partition was over 32GB or if you partitioned it as NTFS. Mac OSX can read and write FAT/32, but can only read NTFS.
i had it partitioned at like 25GB because css was like 5-10gb and when i had vista running on it the os space took up like 5-15GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread