Loyal / Well known Member(s) online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kayte

Living La Dolce Vita.
Apr 19, 2011
So like, with my brilliant brain (omg yes, alliteration), I thought of a feature on the home page like 'Staff Online Now' . Users who are well known in the community should have their own special section on the homepage called 'Online Well known User(s)' , this should have a list of ~ obviously ~ the online users who are well known on Devbest.

Idk if there is already a thread suggesting this. I'm not THAT organised.
Idk if that's all I want to put across....

Ok bye then

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
Seems like a good idea, but it wouldn't happen, just follow the "popular" ones then you will know there online :) for example -

Rastaberry

Rooster 4 president 2k14
Dec 3, 2010
I don't think it's a good idea at all as Brontes mentioned before there is a noticable members tab on the members page where you can find the most noticed people from how many posts they have and how many likes and I'm sure that's good enough and that Josh is not really in need of a special usergroup anyway for people who are actually ''Loyal''.

It's just gonna end out where people are saying: Well I'm special and I'm loyal so you should just respect me or fuck-off it's not going to work and it's just going to ruin the whole board and it's just not going to work out at all. I've always had this idea on making a special legends rank for thos who've been a helping hand to the community contributing and all that.

But that's the same thing and so I'm not even approving my own idea's just because of people turning overpowered when they are getting the usergroup.

Don't like it at all.

Last edited:

Rastaberry

Rooster 4 president 2k14
Dec 3, 2010
It made me think of the fact that someone tried to make up an idea to give special people ban power on the Shout box. It's never going to happen because everyone on the shout box at least are able to get along with each other and that might be the case where someone comes around that they don't like and gets banned for no reason.

Just ends up to abusing and all of that sorts of things and it's not going to do any better to the forum.

Anyway same for this: It's going to get people to think that they are better just because of the status that they are getting and it's pretty stupid to see a forum where people are acting like that and acting that way and plus as said before on the Members page there are many tabs of who have been liked most and what content has been liked most so we don't really need another usergroup to show who is better at posting or who has done better because everyone is doing their best and it's good as the forum is now.

Last edited:

wite

Posting Freak
Aug 3, 2012
What classifies as a loyal, well known-member?

Someone with 500+ posts? Someone with so many posts in a certain section? Someone with 50+ likes?

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Pretty useless idea to me.
The loyal members are obvious:
  • The moderators
  • Subscribers
  • The 'usual suspects' in the shoutbox (people that are in it daily)
  • Top posters
  • Constant active group of members (which are known on the forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread