lottery php code need help

Shaz

Jan 8, 2015
im currently making a lottery system for my hotel,

is there anyway where i can do a code where its similar to how i want it:
i need it to add up all the number of tickets purchased in the database (lottery_entries) and then calculate the total entries by 2000 credits
and then it shows the amount of credits in total in a the jackpot part on the php page

also i need help on another code where you type (e.g 12345) and it picks the all the same codes from the (lottery_entries) db
and inserts the id, username, code into (lottery_winners) db as ive made a table already where it selects the winner codes from the database

not sure if that makes sense but if your willing to help just send me a message and ill try explain it better

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Mysql has this great tool that returns the number of rows (or in your case the number of lottery tickets) that have been purchased. You can use that as a variable and times by 2000.. Although an easier way to do it is when the user purchases a ticket just add 2000 to the amount of credits to be won lol...

The second one doesn't make sense

Shaz

Jan 8, 2015
the first part is what i want todo where a user purchases a ticket it adds 2000 to the total in jackpot but im not sure of the code i should be typing

Users who are viewing this thread