Recruiting Looking for Staff for Social Media Site!!

Cancer

Graphics Designer
Jul 9, 2014
Hello Devbest users,

I'm currently making a site with my friend and we're looking for a manager to run the community and hire moderators, we've worked out we're going to be opening next month on the 12th

we're going to be making the site and getting a legit name and domain so It will be like a chatiing site and asking questions about people like ask.fm and they will be a cool chatting system like "facebook" so we need some people to manage and lead the users to a safe community and a good time,

Ranks we currently need for are opening is;

Manager of the Staff ~ keep them in line and runs the community as head of managment
2 ~ Moderators to keep the community bully free and safe for users to be active and socialize with friends.
that's only what where looking for now, we'll hire again soon when we get users.

Second of all we need the applications to contain,

Name
Time Zone
Why you want the job?
Why can you bring to the community?
can you sort out arguements with a posstive cosinquence
Email applications to [email protected] we'll get back to you with in 24 hours as me and the other owner and to different time zones.

Last we might be paying you every second week we'll get back to you if you have any questions or problems about the "Money us paying to you"

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
At the moment this is all just text. Do you have any proof you're actually doing (I doubt you'd write all this for no reason but still) as it'd be nice to get a preview of what it's looking like and what system it's running on and so on.

Cancer

Graphics Designer
Jul 9, 2014
I can't release the site information as we've just started making the site 10 minutes ago as me and the other owner did decide to make this, thank you for the advice I'll be posting regular updates on the site to keep the users informed, if you have questions contact me at [email protected] thank you or you can always PM me Via Devbest PM ;)

Plus the system is going to be running on a 2gb VPS as we don't want to use webhosting we want to be different and we can easily hide are server IP this way so we can't be targeted or hacked in any shape or forum so we plan to impress are users and keep the close to use and make they're times good as possible

- Sam

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
I can't release the site information as we've just started making the site 10 minutes ago as me and the other owner did decide to make this, thank you for the advice I'll be posting regular updates on the site to keep the users informed, if you have questions contact me at [email protected] thank you or you can always PM me Via Devbest PM ;)

Plus the system is going to be running on a 2gb VPS as we don't want to use webhosting we want to be different and we can easily hide are server IP this way so we can't be targeted or hacked in any shape or forum so we plan to impress are users and keep the close to use and make they're times good as possible

- Sam
we don't want to use webhosting we want to be different
You'll find a lot of sites like yours will use a server, not webhosting, for obvious reasons.

we've just started making the site 10 minutes ago
Yet you think you'll be finished and ready for public opening in just 1 month? To me that just seems like you're attempting to get it all done asap without thinking about the future and so on. Sure this is long enough?

Cancer

Graphics Designer
Jul 9, 2014
I'll have a word with the other owner see if we can have a big push back on the time to maybe 1-2 months because we've got a good Idea we planned before we started and we've got good Ideas for user safety,

Can you email me Sysode as I know you code and I'm willing to pay you to do me something.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Is this for educational/portfolio purposes, or are you actually making a go of this? If so, can I be serious and ask what are you going to implement to overtake the likes of Facebook and Twitter?

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
I'll have a word with the other owner see if we can have a big push back on the time to maybe 1-2 months because we've got a good Idea we planned before we started and we've got good Ideas for user safety,

Can you email me Sysode as I know you code and I'm willing to pay you to do me something.
Sorry, for my own stuff to be working on at the moment ;3 Thanks though.

Anyway, if this is for educational purposes then best of luck, hope you learn more than what you started with. If you'r considering making a go of this (like Mark said) then you need to consder your uniqueness (feature wise and so on)

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010

Unless you're both professional programmers, 1-2 months is still a bit too optimistic. If I were you, to get the most time to focus on security, bugs, exploits and features, 3-6 months at minimum would be realistic. Use as much time as you can to at least focus heavily on security, as security is what will ensure your users stay. If their data is secure, they won't leave.

This is mostly if you're making a go of it, if it's for educational purposes you don't need to take too much time for all of this :p

Cancer

Graphics Designer
Jul 9, 2014
I forgot to mention, I made the Idea of this site 2 months ago and I've been making the site for 2 months we've just recently decided to make a appearance for people to know that where opening the site to they can be prepared to get "Rare" Names as people try and get these days,

I'm know PHP and HTML and CSS the other dude knows more languages than me and has a good reputation he owns a host so we won't be affected by down time as he has a couple of nodes, witch is healthy for the website.

Unless you're both professional programmers, 1-2 months is still a bit too optimistic. If I were you, to get the most time to focus on security, bugs, exploits and features, 3-6 months at minimum would be realistic. Use as much time as you can to at least focus heavily on security, as security is what will ensure your users stay. If their data is secure, they won't leave.

This is mostly if you're making a go of it, if it's for educational purposes you don't need to take too much time for all of this :p
We've gave it 5 months in the making we're going to be using the time wise, I forgot to mention the 2 months of designing the website.
thank you for your support and help regards to the website sidesticks :p

Do you want me to give you a sneap peak of the website design.

Cancer

Graphics Designer
Jul 9, 2014
We had a design for the beta period for a couple of users when the link wasn't release, where going to restart and I've just started on the new site nearly 7 minutes ago..

so don't say "There's nothing done" I've just started the base.

Ps, sorry for late reply was having something to eat!!!!
~ Link to preview

Hindi

System.out.println(" ");
Dec 30, 2012
We had a design for the beta period for a couple of users when the link wasn't release, where going to restart and I've just started on the new site nearly 7 minutes ago..

so don't say "There's nothing done" I've just started the base.

~ Link to preview
What are you implying by showing us that? That's not even PHP. It's 4 lines of CSS and 2 lines of HTML you can make that shit easily.

1) You're saying, "We want to be unique so we're using "VPS" and not webhosting" but then again do you even know that big social networkings, Not big but even the small ones with a small database run on the dedicated server and it implies to everyone of them wether it be snog,facebook,twitter, whatever you want, Also to be clear how is that unique? (That's just being stupid IMO)

2) Secondly, You're basically saying you gave 5 months on the site, So you just made the backgrounds in 5 months for the site? wtf?
3) As @Dzetki said, You'd have to be very professional programmer as to if you're making this live globally you have to be aware of all the dangers and threats to the site which I don't think a guy like you would have, You can't even spell for shit.

4) @Markshall I think he's not doing it for educational purposes but giving it a go is why he wrote, He's paying the staff (he or she idk)
5)There are social networking websites that come and go, There are some that don't even finish 50% but then there are some which are done fully but they don't get famous, I've got quite a few of them which are fully coded but are not famous, The entire "Social Networking" bug is now an end because unless you've got something unique you won't be able to survive the internet.

Also, Goodluck if you're still giving it a go after all the points being explained. :)

zMagenta

Posting Freak
Jul 15, 2011
No offence, on that image he just put up.. I could write that in a few minutes.. Why on earth that has taken him that long I have no idea. :confused:

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
~ Link to preview

Appreciate it is only very early stages but already it feels like your site is going to look a bit "retro" or old-fashioned? The use of a heavy solid black shadow and a dull grey just feels depressing. Sorry if that sounded harsh, it's just my take on it. You may prove me wrong, keep us updated with updates you have and keep going on with it.

Cancer

Graphics Designer
Jul 9, 2014
No offence, on that image he just put up.. I could write that in a few minutes.. Why on earth that has taken him that long I have no idea. :confused:
I've stated It took me 7 minutes can't you read or are you blind?
Appreciate it is only very early stages but already it feels like your site is going to look a bit "retro" or old-fashioned? The use of a heavy solid black shadow and a dull grey just feels depressing. Sorry if that sounded harsh, it's just my take on it. You may prove me wrong, keep us updated with updates you have and keep going on with it.
Thanks man I'm going to be changing the colors and whats a retro?

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
I've stated It took me 7 minutes can't you read or are you blind?

Thanks man I'm going to be changing the colors and whats a retro?
By retro I just meant it looked old fashioned. It probably wasn't the best word to use, my bad lmao.

Cancer

Graphics Designer
Jul 9, 2014
Thank you I appreciate it all the support and feed back use are giving me :D

Users who are viewing this thread