Looking for gameservers/communities to join our project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tails

Go the fuck to sleep.
Jan 11, 2014
slide_icon.png

We're a gaming community with footings in SA-MP, Garry's Mod, CSGO, and Minecraft, but we want to expand further. We're looking to expand into other gaming markets under our branding, and are looking for experienced people who could use our services and expand our base. We provide free hosting on one of two dedicated servers (one Linux one Windows) in return for your server operating under our banner and a 50/50 split of revenue.

Things to note:
  • No retros (had to bring it up as this forum is full of them). Don't even ask.
  • We split 50/50 revenue with you, however for tax/management reasons all money will go through our single business grade PayPal account before being re-distributed.
  • We provide webhosting, either on our should you require it or your own site.
  • You will be given a virtual machine on one of our servers, exact specs are caterable to your needs(within reason).
  • Your server will maintain its unique branding, but will operate under our banner, i.e
Feel free to PM me or reply here if interested, Thanks!

Last edited:

Jump

You are beautiful beyond comprehension
Feb 16, 2011
It's a nice idea, but as a game server host myself I don't think it'll attract too many people. Just for them lets get some questions out the way.
Where are your servers located?
What are the specs of your servers?
Are they DDoS protected?
What experience do you have in this field?
Are you expecting these "partners" to financially contribute?

Should cover it.

Tails

Go the fuck to sleep.
Jan 11, 2014
It's a nice idea, but as a game server host myself I don't think it'll attract too many people. Just for them lets get some questions out the way.
Where are your servers located?
Mines in New Jersey, my partner is in Indiana.
What are the specs of your servers?
Both are x4 Intel XEON's (I know mine are 5160's but I don't recall exactly for my partner) and sit around 8gb ram(I know mine are DDR2 ECC, but again, I don't have the exact specs for my partners box on hand)
Are they DDoS protected?
My box sits behind a business grade CISCO router/firewall that can handle most nuisance grade attacks. I don't see it standing against a chinese botnet but it's handled kids on paid booters. My partner doesn't have much in the form of DDoS protection which is why most of the important services (website, bigger servers,ect) are hosted with me.
What experience do you have in this field?
I do a lot of systems administration and operations as side-work,
Are you expecting these "partners" to financially contribute?
Their financial contribution to the project is 50% donations received, which goes back into the servers (though we really don't pay much on them - I reminisce in with it sitting on its own line in the basement at a friends house (who happens to have a lot of spare time and parts - He was one of the developers of ODBC 1.0 and is now retired) . I am aware it's technically better to have it sitting in a colo (or renting a "real" server) but for what we use it for I don't see it worth spending the money (it doesn't flinch on the 75mb line we have it on and the ISP permits local hosting). We mess around and have fun with it and what we have currently works fine.

This isn't really a ideal solution for anyone who is doing anything 'huge', but I wouldn't expect anyone with anything big to be applying because by that point they'd be perfectly capable of hosting it themselves. The point of this is to get people together in a funner closer-knit community and mess around. You're absolutely right @Jump in that it won't attract too many people - most are to the point where they are A) willing and B) have the money and C) it makes sense to (or just B they have the money, in a lot of cases lol) to host it themselves with a 'real' provider, but there is the off chances of people who might be interested in something like this, in which case we leave it up.

Last edited:

Jump

You are beautiful beyond comprehension
Feb 16, 2011
I would quote you, but that'll be one big quote.
As you say your servers are great for small stuff, perhaps medium too. You really should look into Mount & Blade servers, easy to manage and hella fun. My Game Server company was founded on that game and is our biggest customer pool. There's also nothing wrong with basement hosting, along as it meets your needs and your "clients" that's all that matters in the end, especially if you can skip the colocation costs and/or renting a server. On that note I have sent you some fantastic server providers I have used in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread