Recruiting Looking for a team of Habbo Private server Developers

Parsov

May 18, 2016
Title pretty much says it all, Looking for experienced professional Developers, I know this is not the best place to look into for that but giving it a shot nonetheless.

What I'm looking into doing?
I want to start a Development project (not necessarily retro but might end up being one). which will have a refactored clean ultra fast, efficient game server built with C#. That we will develop or maintain in-house. (Doesn't necessarily mean it has to be 100% from scratch can take references from other projects unless it's completely run-down half-baked piece of shit which is most codes in private server communities). This emulator will have the potential to support many clients. And protocols. (So might look into integrating with a 3rd party library). The goal of the project will be to emulate Habbo but the game server should not be only Habbo oriented. The end goal is eventually to make it like a Framework.
How will we do it?
For this sort of project Akka.NET is best in my opinion. Sulake uses something similar called: and they use the same Actor-Model architecture. However we don't have to be replicating 1-1 what Habbo developers are doing. I expect every developer onboarding this project to know design principles and even some Architecture skills. The team will preferably be professionals. But the offer is open to anyone who thinks they are ballsy enough to do these things.
Specifications?
  • C# Knowledge (EFCore, AutoMapper, LINQ, DotNetty etc...)​
  • AWS (DynamoDB integration in project, experience with Serverless).​
  • Redis, RabbitMQ (maybe)​
  • Docker & CircleCI​
  • Preferably Full stack knowledge (React, Angular, Typescript etc...)​
  • ASP.NETCore (WebAPI's)​
  • MySQL / SQL Server​
I expect this Developer to keep themselves updated with the latest changes done to these technologies. And use them on the project when necessary to make the project as up-to-date as possible. The early stages of the Application we will be integrating with Nitro V2 preferably but as I mentioned this emulator should not be Habbo oriented only. We might also end up making a CMS in-house.

The reason why I haven't just done it myself is because I'm a full-time Software Engineer & I have other business on the side which makes me have almost no time to deduct towards things like this although only a bit to do code-review, Architecture decisions helping with Pipelines and helping Developers onboard these technologies (for example: DynamoDB) and so on. Eventually this project will probably be running an overkill retro. But will still have the potential to do much more. (doesn't matter if it never reaches it, still can boast about how good it is).
PS: This developer should also know about habbo's communication protocols & be able to do client-side work when necessary also.
Will you be paid?
YES!
Will it be open-source?
Probably not. But if it becomes popular to the point of everyone wanting to use this then yes.
Drop your Discord if you're interested.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread