[Laptop] Fan sounds like a motor?

Legion

Gaming Lord
Staff member
Nov 23, 2011
Hey, so today I jumped on my laptop and everything seemed fine (At 8am'ish), and when I woke up at about 3pm, my computer fan sounded like a Motor running. First time it has happened to this laptop and it was purchased back in January.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Beast

Posting Freak
Sep 15, 2011
It probably overheated from being on for a long time (Running faster to cool it producing more sound), first i'd let it rest then try it out again if not since you got it in January it should still be under warranty.

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
That's because the fan has a motor in it, also rip apart your laptop sounds like you have a fan screw lose. Just look around the fan area (where it's mounted) and tighten the screws on it. This is a very common problem with laptops that are more rebellious than most, the screws decide they want freedom and think democracy and the constitution is real.

Silly screws, right?

Legion

Gaming Lord
Staff member
Nov 23, 2011
That's because the fan has a motor in it, also rip apart your laptop sounds like you have a fan screw lose. Just look around the fan area (where it's mounted) and tighten the screws on it. This is a very common problem with laptops that are more rebellious than most, the screws decide they want freedom and think democracy and the constitution is real.

Silly screws, right?

Thanks, as I tightened it, I stripped the screw. It quieted down a lot, but that does look like it was the issue, I may need to get a new screw for it.

Need to teach these screws, this is Cuba, we don't like democracy..

Users who are viewing this thread