Just a basic maintenance page

dukestar

Nov 26, 2011
Here is just a basic maintenance pag. It is kind of habbo related and kind of not but here it is:

Image:
zyhxkx.png

I may even release the layout depending on how i feel.

DcSelby

DcSelby is the boss.
Jul 19, 2012
I think you're probably able to do much better. I'm afraid I don't like it very much.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Let me tell you what has been done;

background
box
text
Maybe some padding.

Is there a term for less than basic? If there is, then change the title to it. Try adding some more things, it can be improved. :)

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
I pimped your box on inspect element in 5 minutes.

42d86b2cb9c1f6e975abb29df9761142.png

If you want the code for the box. (Dunno why anyone would)

Code:
<p style="border:1px;background-color: rgba(37, 37, 37, 0.63);border-color:black;height: 60px;width: 440px;margin-top:250px;border-radius: 10px;border-bottom: 2px solid rgb(37, 37, 37);font-family: arial,sans-serif;  font-size: 12px;  font-weight: 700;  color: #fff;  text-shadow: .15em .15em rgb(26,26,26);"><br>Website Currently In Maintenance!<br><b>-Site Management</b></p>

dukestar

Nov 26, 2011
Close thread please...Cant be fucked to code anymore. According to these posts it just proves im sht although im a starter

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Close thread please...Cant be fucked to code anymore. According to these posts it just proves im sht although im a starter

No, what you just wrote proves you cannot feedback. If you plan on releasing things, be prepared for feedback. Quit bitching and keep improving your code - it's the only way you're going to learn.

Damon

Aug 13, 2012
If you made:
same link as yours but with v1 not v2 ;]]

even though it looks just plain white, looks better then the one u have in the post up ^^

I pimped your box on inspect element in 5 minutes.

42d86b2cb9c1f6e975abb29df9761142.png

If you want the code for the box. (Dunno why anyone would)

Code:
<p style="border:1px;background-color: rgba(37, 37, 37, 0.63);border-color:black;height: 60px;width: 440px;margin-top:250px;border-radius: 10px;border-bottom: 2px solid rgb(37, 37, 37);font-family: arial,sans-serif;  font-size: 12px;  font-weight: 700;  color: #fff;  text-shadow: .15em .15em rgb(26,26,26);"><br>Website Currently In Maintenance!<br><b>-Site Management</b></p>
haha :p

One thing about website developing and coding; never give up! One day you will succeed! :]

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
Don't quit after releasing one attempt and it not getting the feedback you hoped for, our feedback will only make your skills improve.

I found the best way to improve your skills is to just play around with style rules on inspect element.

CallumL

Started from the bottom, now the all team here.
Nov 14, 2010

Lemme tell you something, when I started working in Photoshop, I use to post threads and ask people for feedback. And because I'd only just started, there obviously was some negatives. The thing is, you learn from the negative stuff and get better. So, it's not them being mean to you. It's them guiding you into making your work better. (Y)

Zymf

Aug 19, 2012
No offense but this is a poor effort.
That background can be found on most of the Habbo Fansite's. Then with the box, it looks like you've just added it with paint.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
No, what you just wrote proves you cannot feedback. If you plan on releasing things, be prepared for feedback. Quit bitching and keep improving your code - it's the only way you're going to learn.
I agree with you - however some useless posts like the ones from Queef and LoW, "I'll get cancer/I'll get aids", do you call that feedback? I understand he doesn't feel like coding anymore. Feedback is telling what is good about something and things that can be improved, not making fun of someone.

I can code PHP, but don't ask me how to center a lay-out, because I still can't do that without help. Most of you started like this to, or don't even know how to code.

However it doesn't look great, I think if you are a starter, you did a great job. This is basic HTML/CSS, and now you can learn more to pimp up this basic maintance lay-out, and don't pay to much attention to the people who post useless comments.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
I agree with you - however some useless posts like the ones from Queef and LoW, "I'll get cancer/I'll get aids", do you call that feedback? I understand he doesn't feel like coding anymore. Feedback is telling what is good about something and things that can be improved, not making fun of someone.

I can code PHP, but don't ask me how to center a lay-out, because I still can't do that without help. Most of you started like this to, or don't even know how to code.

However it doesn't look great, I think if you are a starter, you did a great job. This is basic HTML/CSS, and now you can learn more to pimp up this basic maintance lay-out, and don't pay to much attention to the people who post useless comments.

Absolutely, everyone is good at what they can. I also agree, people need to start giving constructive feedback. For example: Give something good and a couple things that need improving.

either way , learn to ignore the stupid comments certain people leave, keep at it and just ask for any help - if you need any.

dukestar

Nov 26, 2011

Thanks weasal.

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
Well you failed at that bit. You only made the other people who made "JOKES" laugh.

i actually got a few likes from the post meaning a few people found it good.

Anyways, i did actually help you out here and give you some tips, id rather you didn't throw it back in my face.

GohanSSJ

Ya.
Feb 18, 2013
First off

I do not think that joke was personally funny and so i do not really understand the point of this whole thing. So anyway Lets not make it an arguement lets just avoid that further on.

Second off.

Give this guy a break he is a new one when it comes to coding obviously. and so this is his first work and so i am very jealous because obviously this is something that i could not do and so he should be proud of the work that he have done however it is good that he tried.

Like the transparent one.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
don't give up because of the ignorant fucks commenting stupid shit. Just take it as criticism (although it may be hard when they post stupid shit about cancer), and work on it from there.

IMO, you should rethink the colors (especially that background), and also rounded the edges on the red box and chose some different fonts.

Nice effort, and good luck on improving.

(Off-topic: do you still want the thread closed?).

Users who are viewing this thread