Is this a good Custom PC for a 14 Year Old?

WockoLad

SELECT * FROM `lads` WHERE `username` = 'WockoLad'
Dec 24, 2014
Hey, this is my third ever build. I went for a Modular PSU and yet my Cable Management still stucks, You might of seen some pics of when it was like 40% complete. Anyway, Here's the specs.

16GB 1866 DDR3 RAM

120GB Kingston SSD, Not to sure about speeds.

1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM

Quad Core AMD A10 5800K CPU - 3.8ghz

Asus GTX 750 Ti 2GB DDR5 OC Graphics Card

Corsair 550W PSU

Gigabyte GA-F2A78M-D3H Mobo.

Is this any good for a 14 Year old who will only use the following Programs:

- Minecraft

- Photoshop

- Eclipse

- Sony Vegas

- Google Chrome (YouTube, FaceBook, DevBest).

- Visual Studio

Thanks.

Ethereal

Neurotic Male
May 18, 2013
I know for a fact that any high-end a10 can easily run Minecraft, and I'm pretty sure you shouldn't have any trouble running the other programs, as they aren't particularly taxing on a system . I'd only watch out for Sony Vegas, as it may take you decade or two to render a video with an APU (Vegas loves to utilize a dedicated GPU, so the 750ti should come in handy, but ultimately an Intel chip would be the way to go if your planning to render). Not sure why you keep bringing up your age. :p

(inb4 you get hate for using an amd cpu)

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
I know for a fact that any high-end a10 can easily run Minecraft, and I'm pretty sure you shouldn't have any trouble running the other programs, as they aren't particularly taxing on a system . I'd only watch out for Sony Vegas, as it may take you decade or two to render a video with an APU (Vegas loves to utilize a dedicated GPU, so the 750ti should come in handy, but ultimately an Intel chip would be the way to go if your planning to render). Not sure why you keep bringing up your age. :p

(inb4 you get hate for using an amd cpu)
I have to agree too, your pc couldn't give a shit what age you are lol. seems a good build but I'd deffo recommend getting an Intel i5 chip.

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
It should be somewhat fine but nothing too good. I'd personally replace a few from the list such as: SSD, CPU, GPU, and MOBO. Another thing is, are you actually going to be installing games to the other drive(HDD) rather than the SSD? As 120GB wouldn't get you much programs/games installed, you might want to consider getting a 250GB+ SSD.

Overall, a lot of systems can run Minecraft since it doesn't really eat much of your system so that should be fine with the following components. Sony Vegas and Photoshop should probably be where your concerns are at as these are big packages that often require a lot of usage for high intensive tasks(rendering, etc).

Shorty

<insert title>
Jul 14, 2011
It should be somewhat fine but nothing too good. I'd personally replace a few from the list such as: SSD, CPU, GPU, and MOBO. Another thing is, are you actually going to be installing games to the other drive(HDD) rather than the SSD? As 120GB wouldn't get you much programs/games installed, you might want to consider getting a 250GB+ SSD.

Overall, a lot of systems can run Minecraft since it doesn't really eat much of your system so that should be fine with the following components. Sony Vegas and Photoshop should probably be where your concerns are at as these are big packages that often require a lot of usage for high intensive tasks(rendering, etc).

Adding on to this, as everybody has covered most of what you wanted to hear.

120GB SSD is perfectly fine for having your opertating system on and installing programs on, just stick your games and any other documents on your HDD, I link all my libraries to my HDD so Docs/Downloads/Pics/Vids.

Users who are viewing this thread