PlayStation is PS3 Dead?

mig

Retroish
May 25, 2015
i was wondering tho because I am planning to go buy PS3 (2nd-hand) should i buy or not? I mean i dont have alot of money to buy the next gen tho

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
> Buying an expensive PC to play videogames
Grow up
You don't "need" an expensive pc to play games.

When you have a console however, you DO need 60$ for every tripple A game, you DO need a season pass for DLC, you CAN'T mod because it's against console terms (or was), you CAN'T crack games and try them out before you purchase them, you CAN'T play custom servers / gamemodes. I could go on for awhile.

PC all the way faggot try again

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011

When you have a console however, you DO need 60$ for every tripple A game, you DO need a season pass for DLC, you CAN'T mod because it's against console terms (or was), you CAN'T crack games and try them out before you purchase them, you CAN'T play custom servers / gamemodes. I could go on for awhile.

You still need a hefty amount of money to spend on pc gaming.
Also, who said I game?
Did I upset you?

M8than

yes
Mar 16, 2012
Also, who said I game?
Did I upset you?
The reality is you actually don't. Spend $450 and you have a PC that beats both current consoles with ease. Spend $650 and you have a computer that rapes the fucking current consoles.

griimnak

Jul 20, 2013
Also, who said I game?
Did I upset you?
Listen buddy i'm the brokest bloke you'll ever meet - and i can tell you with full confidence building a decent gaming pc takes less than 800$, and even less than that if you can hustle hardware for 50$ like i did

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
The reality is you actually don't. Spend $450 and you have a PC that beats both current consoles with ease. Spend $650 and you have a computer that rapes the fucking current consoles.
That's still a $100 increase on a PS4. A lot of people don't want to be fat fedora wearing neckbeards, they just want to play console games

M8than

yes
Mar 16, 2012
That's still a $100 increase on a PS4. A lot of people don't want to be fat fedora wearing neckbeards, they just want to play console games
Stop being a lazy fucker and shop around and beat a console for like <$200 then faggot

Error

Jun 30, 2011
Whenever I've been on it's been pretty dead. Then again after playing both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One for a few years I'm bored already. Not enough new content from April-October so I find myself wasting all my money on... other things.

Lotus

Legacy, it's all anyone leaves behind.
Jun 8, 2012

Lol, I mod. I crack games. Still not banned? Then again, I know what I'm doing

i was wondering tho because I am planning to go buy PS3 (2nd-hand) should i buy or not? I mean i dont have alot of money to buy the next gen tho

I mean get a PS3, as more games still are out for the PS3 and much cheaper compared to the PS4. Not only that but you can buy account mods from others. Which means no multiplayer leveling up is needed lol. PS3 games like, Ghosts, Black Ops 2, Black Ops 1, Modern Warfare 2 and 3, and GTA V are usually modded, BO2 and GTA V standing high with Modders.

griimnak

Jul 20, 2013
Lol, I mod. I crack games. Still not banned? Then again, I know what I'm doing

I mean get a PS3, as more games still are out for the PS3 and much cheaper compared to the PS4. Not only that but you can buy account mods from others. Which means no multiplayer leveling up is needed lol. PS3 games like, Ghosts, Black Ops 2, Black Ops 1, Modern Warfare 2 and 3, and GTA V are usually modded, BO2 and GTA V standing high with Modders.
If you're talking about newgen, perhaps your right because i don't have a new console. But in 360 it was pretty easy to get console banned even if you knew what you were doing, I myself used jtag and never got caught too so idk.

But the point is, it requires alot more effort if you're trying to save money on console vs pc where you can just > thepiratebay or nosteam > download > play (maybe purchase if you like it and want multiplayer?) > or rinse and repeat

not to mention g2a, steam sale for new games on the low..

Lotus

Legacy, it's all anyone leaves behind.
Jun 8, 2012
If you're talking about newgen, perhaps your right because i don't have a new console. But in 360 it was pretty easy to get console banned even if you knew what you were doing, I myself used jtag and never got caught too so idk.

But the point is, it requires alot more effort if you're trying to save money on console vs pc where you can just > thepiratebay or nosteam > download > play (maybe purchase if you like it and want multiplayer?) > or rinse and repeat

not to mention g2a, steam sale for new games on the low..

Talking about both. But eh. Everything dies eventually.

Legion

Gaming Lord
Staff member
Nov 23, 2011
Whenever I've been on it's been pretty dead. Then again after playing both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One for a few years I'm bored already. Not enough new content from April-October so I find myself wasting all my money on... other things.
I've never understood the entire plan to release everything from October-December. All games are hyped up to that point for (I'm assuming) Christmas sales. But even if one game released in June'ish, they would be the only hype'd release game at the moment, and people wouldn't have to decide which game to buy, and which game to leave for another time. April-October is prime time for any new hype game to be released, and have a better profit.

Users who are viewing this thread