Is my laptop overheating?

Brackson

卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍
Jun 20, 2013
Right now my computer is pushing (87 degrees celsius), although it has been up to 194f earlier today. Is this considered overheating? What can I do to help it cool down?

Brackson

卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍
Jun 20, 2013
THAT IS WAAAAYYYY TO FUCKING HOT!!!!!!!!!!!
200 Degrees is starting to permanently damage the computer. Download and try turning your fan's RPM up.
Thanks for the reply, but I'm on Linux. Are there any alternatives to Speedfan that you know of?

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
Thanks for the reply, but I'm on Linux. Are there any alternatives to Speedfan that you know of?
Nice job man, +666. And no not that I know of, try googling, that's probably the only software help that you could do. What I did was remove the bottom panel(s) of my laptop, and I bought a laptop fan that goes under the laptop, it helps a bit while idling.

Brackson

卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍
Jun 20, 2013
Nice job man, +666. And no not that I know of, try googling, that's probably the only software help that you could do. What I did was remove the bottom panel(s) of my laptop, and I bought a laptop fan that goes under the laptop, it helps a bit while idling.
Alright, I'll invest for one, thanks.

-Jordan-

Feb 19, 2011
In most motherboards their BIOS have the ability to permanently make the fans run at 100%. That will most likely solve your heating issues but may open the door to fan issues in the future. (100% RPM all the time will deduce the fan's life)

Users who are viewing this thread