Is it possible to view external IP on local network?

rjohnson1990

Sep 5, 2012
I set up my web server for my hotel, but I can't see my website or connect to anything. Others (outside my network) can connect to the web server with no problem. Is it possible for me to type in my external IP and see my website? If so, how? I tried a free VPN to check it out and I can see my website, but with the free VPN, I keep getting disconnected from it.

Lotus

Legacy, it's all anyone leaves behind.
Jun 8, 2012
What I'm saying is I can connect on my local ip but nobody outside my network can,
I can't connect on my external ip but everyone outside my network can.

Then in what ever CMS or web design your using does not have your IP configured to it. and or you should be able to use for it to work.

rjohnson1990

Sep 5, 2012
That's the way it's supposed to work.

This is what I'm doing. I forgot to mention, I am setting up an old school hotel. The server I use (Hablog, Debbo, I haven't decided yet) will allow people to connect but not me. I tried connecting by going to my local IP, but since it's running on my external IP (24.59.***.***), I am unable to connect. The only way I can connect is to connect to a network outside of mine (someone other wireless) or use a VPN/VPS. I'm not paying for a VPN/VPS, but I tried a free VPN. I keep getting disconnected from it. Without the VPN, I cannot connect to my own hotel. If I change the IP in the loader to my local IP, then I can connect, but nobody else can.

Users who are viewing this thread