Is it possible to develop a better building system?

wistfulglen

Jan 22, 2022
I've known about the existence of Habbo retros for a while, but have never been an avid user. However, I've recently taken an interest in building. I don't know a lot about how retros are set up behind the scenes (yet), so I don't know if there are any possible limitations, but would it be possible to develop a more modern building system? I find that the "default" building system is overly fidgety if you're looking to create more complex builds, which is a shame since there is lots of great pixel art available to create with. Some features I'd love to see include:

• The white border around the square you're hovering over is always visible, so it also shows on top of furniture in order to make placements easier (command to disable/enable)
  • When you click an already placed item/have it selected, there is a visual indicator such as a border around the item (command to disable/enable)
  • When you click an already placed item/have it selected, it shows you info about which height it has been placed at (i.e. 0.0, 0.7, 4.3 etc.)
  • Enter a command or hold down a key to place the item you're currently holding off the square grid/turning off grid snapping. You can already achieve this vertically by using the :setz command, but it's honestly a hassle to use because it's a lot of trial and error.
  • On the same topic of the :setz command, having a system where the adjustments you make with the :setz command and the :setr command show in real time whilst you're still "holding" the item (so when you haven't actually placed it down yet). This would eliminate a lot of trial and error because you'd be able to tell exactly where the item goes before placing it. I think Habbocity might have had something like this?
  • Some sort of improved layering system so you don't have to fiddle around with the :setz command too much. I'm imagining something like you clicking on an item and then having the option to "move in front" or "move behind".
  • Copying/multiplying an item instead of having to navigate to the catalogue to track it down.
  • Being able to select and move or rotate multiple items/an area of items at the same time would be even more handy.
  • A command or button when you have an item selected that will allow you to "lock" that item, preventing you from accidentally changing its state, rotating it or picking it up.
  • Better inventory sorting; having more inventory categories or sorting options would be super handy (so for example sorting by collection, by decorations only, by tables only etc.)

wistfulglen

Jan 22, 2022
try this
Worked, thank you!
Post automatically merged:

I've only managed to find a plugin for being able to select and paste multiple items/an area of items at the same time. If anyone knows of other ones, let me know!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread