Sports Is Andrew Luck Overrated?

Settaz

PHP and C# Developer. Project Saturn Coming!
Jul 4, 2010
Right, so after the extremely lucky win the Colts had against the Chiefs last week I've seen way too many articles about how Luck "Has Arrived"... Andrew luck through 3 INTERCEPTIONS! This was just skipped over, and all everyone remembers is the deep bomb to TY Hilton. Nobody seems to care that 4 or 5 of the main starters from the Chiefs were hurt in this game. Yes, the Colts have some injuries, but having time to prepare and playing with those injuries versus suddenly trying to make a new game plan when your first AND second string RB gets hurt is completely different. Then there's the many Luck vs RG3 comments I keep reading, look RG3 didn't play that well this year but who would in the predicament he was in? Coming off an injury, a coach that didn't want him in the first place, a horrible team around him, and having no offseason to work on becoming a better QB. Let's just take a look at the career stats between the two:

Career Stats:

RG3 Comp. PCT: 62.7

Luck's: 57.0

RG3 TD: 36

Luck: 46

RG3 INT: 17

Luck: 27

RG3 QB Rating: 91.5

Luck: 81.5
And remember that RG3 didn't get to finish his last three games because Shanahan decided to bench him for "safety" reasons.

Now, even with the "bad" season RG3 has had, he still has better statistics overall that Andrew Luck. I think Luck will be a very good QB in this league, but how about we wait before declaring him destined to be in Canton and ways ahead of other 2nd year QBs (Russel Wilson, RG3, etc).

Linkestt

Truth is treason in the empire of lies
Nov 8, 2013
Andrew Luck isn't overrated. He beat someone he looked up to in a one on one showdown, that is Peyton Manning I speak of. The Colts beat the Broncos in the 2013-14 season because a game-winning drive led by Andrew Luck himself. But otherwise, the best Quarterbacks in the NFL as of now is Tom Brady and Drew Brees.

Settaz

Jul 4, 2010
Andrew Luck isn't overrated. He beat someone he looked up to in a one on one showdown, that is Peyton Manning I speak of. The Colts beat the Broncos in the 2013-14 season because a game-winning drive led by Andrew Luck himself. But otherwise, the best Quarterbacks in the NFL as of now is Tom Brady and Drew Brees.

He also got blown out by the Rams, Cardinals, and Bengals...

Brenner23

May 15, 2013
I think that Andrew Luck and RG3 are both over rated, I think we should be watching the Eagles over then next 3-5 years and watch to see how the NFL changes. Nick Foles is One of the Best QB's in the NFL. He is up there with Peyton Manning and Drew Brees

Settaz

Jul 4, 2010
I think that Andrew Luck and RG3 are both over rated, I think we should be watching the Eagles over then next 3-5 years and watch to see how the NFL changes. Nick Foles is One of the Best QB's in the NFL. He is up there with Peyton Manning and Drew Brees
Oh God, you Eagle fans are delusional. Nick Foles is no where close to Peyton Manning... Giiirrll Stahhp

Users who are viewing this thread