iPhone Help

CallumL

Started from the bottom, now the all team here.
Nov 14, 2010
Hey, so I'm finally deciding to get rid of my jailbreak. Reason being I don't exactly use it anymore and it's just taking up space. Now, I've done this before but the last time I did it the phone didn't have an update ready to be installed. And I know if I do update it there is a possibility it could all go wrong.

So I went into iTunes and clicked "Restore iPhone". But it's forcing me to do the update before it restores. Is there any way of restoring it without updating to the latest version? Or will I have to do what it says which is "It'll update then be restored"? And will that possibly break it?

Thanks all help is appreciated,
Callum

NotChoCheese

Apr 20, 2013
I've had the same issue in the past, and I went to the apple store trying to find help, but of course they don't really know much about it.
But I have tried it out and it doesn't really seem to break it, but I did have a lot of miss placed apps when I was backing it up, since some of them were cracked and couldn't be backed up.
But to clear it all up, no it doesn't break your iPhone, it shouldn't anyways since it didn't break mine.

TesoMayn

Boredom, it vexes me.
Oct 30, 2011
You can download the old iOS file and restore from that, but I'd suggest updating to the latest version.

When it recovers your backup (from your jailbreak) it will not jailbreak your device again, nor break anything.

Users who are viewing this thread