Recruiting iOS Social Network Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parse

Oct 28, 2013
Hello Devbest!

I have developed many projects between different styles of programming including a variety of different languages from both software end and web development. I am currently introducing a new social micro blogging network that I feel could be capable of achieving some sort of popularity. I'm also aware that thousands of people are trying to compete with these higher companies such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram for example.

I believe for creating the next big thing is all about creativity and finding out what a community likes. I have so far been developing a simple layout of how I would like the new generation of social media to be introduced.

How will it work?

This will be limited to mobile only because our world is adapting more to mobile engineering and devices rather than sitting home on a desktop unless you are at work or school. A majority of the world owns or has access to a mobile device such as a iPhone, Android, iPad and Windows Phone. I do not want to make a open desktop website, I want it to be mobile friendly.

What will this network service bring that hasn't yet existed?

It will bring out full user-friendly customizing features that are available to edit page, profile, information, advanced privacy settings and more. Remember how everyone loved Myspace because you could customize your own profile using HTML codes. Well with this social network I want to provide plugins that can be used to customize your profile with different backgrounds, colors, fonts and more.

Better features?

• 240 Character Limit for each post
  • Ability to design your own profile background, fonts, colors.
  • Completely mobile friendly (not available for desktop models)
  • Share and express the world your thoughts and what you are doing.
  • Share music that users can play right from their feed (no external links or third party sites)
  • Ability to share videos right on their homepage without third-party software again
  • Share pictures and multimedia (including GIF animation support)
  • Privacy settings advanced (choose who can view specific posts, make your account private and not searchable)
  • Vine/Instagram multimedia support (also available on twitter I'm aware)
  • Much more
As you see we have gathered ideas from previous social networks but we want to advance what we have into a better network.

What is the name?

So far I have not been creative enough to come up with a name for this application, but I am welcome for ideas.

What will this be compatible for?

When the project is finished, it will be available for iOS, Android and Windows. iOS will be developed first, then Android because of user base.

How can I join the project?

If you are seriously interesting in this project, you can contact me directly on DevBest. READ REQUIREMENTS BELOW

REQUIREMENTS

I am only recruiting users with the following criteria

• Must know how to program in the C-Objective language (xCode) and have access to apple developer.
  • Must be able to communicate and stay active in the project.
  • Has background programming experience from any projects related to mobile development in SDK platforms.
  • Must be creative with ideas and how to make the application run efficiently.
Each developer of the team will have full credit and access to the source at all times. I'm looking for a team, not spectators.

Thank you.

Parse

Oct 28, 2013
So it's Tumblr with a character limit?

I'll be honest I've never used Tumblr so I would not know what it features. (I know of it, but never really got the idea of what it was)

I want users to to have the ability to choose font styles, colors, custom emoji support, backgrounds, font size to what the user's preference is, not a default template. Tumblr allows you to do many things that I've listed, but I do not see much customization Also giving users FULL account of their privacy because even on Twitter for example (if a user were to block me, I could still search them by @ name and see exactly what they are posting)

What twitter lacks for example is you cannot upload videos unless you have third-party applications to do so and even when you do that you have to open up a website to view the video.

What this project is focusing on is letting the users customize their "profiles" (I'll call it) to no extent. Twitter doesn't let you do anything but upload a header and a profile picture.

Magic

Posting Freak
Oct 11, 2012
Firstly you've already limited it by having it mobile only and secondly like Josh said Tumblr already has this without a character limit.

Good on you though for trying, who knows....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread