iOS Devices - Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Most of web video has been optimized to display just fine on iOS devices, but it’s still annoying to open an article from your favorite blog and find out that the author didn’t use Vimeo’s updated embed code compatible with the iPhone and iPad. Vimeo offers a new embed technology to support iOS devices, but it’s not turned on by default. Just like Vimeo, other services such as Flickr, Megavideo and Dailymotion sometimes struggle in offering video embeds capable of being displayed on Apple’s mobile devices.

Now, there has been an application for the iPhone called Skyfire which plays Flash, but it is paid. Luckily, there is another way of getting flash on iOS devices, no apps, no jailbreaking. This is real, as I(Kryptos) have tested this(to an extend).

Go to this website:
Add the website to your bookmarks. Done? Ok.
Now go to the lil book on the browser(where your history + bookmarks is located) and edit the bookmark, what do I edit?
Change the link, you can see that the link has a JavaScript code, remove everything that is before 'javascript', yes even delete the '#', so, when your favorite blog has a Flash video, just go to bookmarks and tab iOSFlashVideo, MAGIC, it tells you to open another tab to watch the video, in the other page you might have to tab iOSFlashVideo again.

I believe this does work, and I think it is brilliant, personally, I think we should not have to do this and Apple should stop being idiots, but I'm happy someone came up with this.
Comment, questions, problems?
I have now tested this more, and I can say this does nit work so good, I have tried MegaVideo for example, it doesn't work. Has anyone had any luck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread