iOS 8 on My iPhone 5c

IntactDev

Nov 22, 2012
mTbotkI.png

Just updated to iOS 8. Seems pretty sweet; I love the new Messaging app.

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
Messaging aka Whatsapp
--
How different is it compared to iOS 7?

Last edited:

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
I think the main thing for me in iOS 8 will be the 'reply to message in banner' feature, for as long as I've had an iPhone, I've always wanted that. Oh and then leave group convo too.

IntactDev

Nov 22, 2012
Messaging aka Whatsapp
--
How different is it compared to iOS 7?

The UI looks pretty much the same, if not exactly the same, but they added a lot of features, and it seems that Apple is being a little bit less restrictive, as they're allowing 3rd Party Keyboards now :)

New Messaging App
3rd Party Keyboard Support (yay for Swype!)
Reply to Messages in Notifications
Reply to Messages in Lock Screen
Wake up Siri by saying "Hey Siri" (i think)
iHealth App
Leave Group Chats
Add/Remove People from Group Chats
View all message attachments
Rename Group Chat Name
"Do Not Disturb" mode for individual messages (pretty sweet!)

cxdy

PHP Developer
Jun 8, 2014
I was watching the WWDC Keynote during school the other day. From what I saw of iOS 8, it looks great. OS X Yosemite annoyed me at first but I'm starting to like it.

IntactDev

Nov 22, 2012
I was watching the WWDC Keynote during school the other day. From what I saw of iOS 8, it looks great. OS X Yosemite annoyed me at first but I'm starting to like it.
Yose does look pretty sweet; I'm probably going to get it on both my macs when the final version is out.

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
Ive got on my iPhone 4S too got day it came out, theres not alot of new things really, just a few things to do with messaging, and i guess the healthKIT but i wont be using that...Guess we can wait to see what else it brings, iOS 8 is a GREAT update if you have a mac etc, if not then its your standard upgrade

I think the main thing for me in iOS 8 will be the 'reply to message in banner' feature, for as long as I've had an iPhone, I've always wanted that. Oh and then leave group convo too.

Yeah then we can finally fuck rasta off :D

cxdy

PHP Developer
Jun 8, 2014
Yose does look pretty sweet; I'm probably going to get it on both my macs when the final version is out.
I think you can sign up for an early beta, and Apple will email you with a download link. If you can't, when I get mine, you can have it. I don't have a Mac anyway. :)

IntactDev

Nov 22, 2012
I think you can sign up for an early beta, and Apple will email you with a download link. If you can't, when I get mine, you can have it. I don't have a Mac anyway. :)
I signed up for it, but I haven't received an email yet; but thanks for that :up:

IntactDev

Nov 22, 2012
I got Yosemite! They seem to work well together with the new "Handoff" thing that Apple is working on. Can't wait until Yosemite is finished :):up:

IntactDev

Nov 22, 2012
How do you live with 13gb of space?
I only have music on my phone, so there isn't any issues. I don't use any apps really, only game I have is Flappy Bird.

350+ songs, and only a few apps, & I still have somewhere from 5-7gb left.

Shorty

<insert title>
Jul 14, 2011
Can't believe you own an iPhone 5c, what made you pick the iPhone 5 (with a plastic casing) over the iPhone 5S? Since you're bragging, I also have OS 10.10 & iOS 8.

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
Can't believe you own an iPhone 5c, what made you pick the iPhone 5 (with a plastic casing) over the iPhone 5S? Since you're bragging, I also have OS 10.10 & iOS 8.

Cheaper option im guessing? however i have heard 5C isnt too bad :p

IntactDev

Nov 22, 2012
I didn't choose it; it was a gift. I also have Yosemite, tyvm. Plus the 5c is perfectly fine. I go for morning runs everyday, and it drops atleast twice a week while I'm doing full speed sprints on asphalt. Hasn't cracked yet.

Hindi

System.out.println(" ");
Dec 30, 2012
I didn't choose it; it was a gift. I also have Yosemite, tyvm. Plus the 5c is perfectly fine. I go for morning runs everyday, and it drops atleast twice a week while I'm doing full speed sprints on asphalt. Hasn't cracked yet.
'Hasn't cracked yet' You made it sound as if you want it cracked so you can switch phones :p

Anyway, I'm waiting for actual release of iOS8 (I have my UDID registered as well)

Users who are viewing this thread