Internet Issues

MxRE

Sep 21, 2010
Dunno why I'm posting this here but I'd just see if anyone had any idea what my problem is. (copy pasted from my original thread on a technology support forum)

Yeah it's been happening for at LEAST 2 months now. Every 5 or so minutes, sometimes it can go up to an hour without disconnecting but very rarely. Internet stops working and it says DSL Physical link signal could not be found and the DSL light on my modem flashes red for a few seconds, then it fixes itself. I can't really play any games or do anything because I just lag out/d.c every 5 minutes. Done heaps of research and Google'd it and stuff.. but I can't find any fixes.

It seems to happen more when my brother is on his laptop and have more then 1 computer on. If there's only 1 computer going, it doesn't happen as much but it still does happen quite a bit.

We have called Telstra 4-5~ times explaining the situation and everytime they say they've put a 'stability' thing on it or changed our channel or something and that it should be working, but it just fucks up again.

I'm with Telstra and my modem is a 2-WIRE 2701HGV-W. They said there's nothing wrong with our modem.. but I dunno.

If anyone knows anything, would be amazing (LLLL)

RyanMK

Still alive
May 27, 2010
You mentioned it working better with a single computer connected, it could possibly be a bandwidth issue.

Users who are viewing this thread