Inserting * Before Name

krepcheck

Aug 22, 2017
Hello I am doing an roleplay hotel! I am inspired by the PeakRP big one, I am wondering how they did the * before the name. I assume they made something that changed the users name and put a * before it then changed it back. How can I do this, I am learning how to code so I don't have much knowledge, I have been trying to tackle this for way too long. Please help me! :)

Example:

If someone could guide me through coding it or do it for me I would be very happy. If you code it for me I will look over it and remember for next time when I have to tackle a problem like this

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
They probably just did it in the ChatComposer and ShoutComposer methods and when they sent the username, if the chat was an action they appended the star.

krepcheck

Aug 22, 2017
They probably just did it in the ChatComposer and ShoutComposer methods and when they sent the username, if the chat was an action they appended the star.
Okay my good friend, I will quickly look in the ChatComposer and ShoutComposer methods and see if I am able to do this

Sorry bro but am I looking at the correct thing right now? Just making sure :D
Code:
 public static void Shout(GameClient Session, string Speech, int Bubble = 0)
        {
            if (Speech == null)
                return;

if (Session == null)
                return;

if (Session.GetHabbo() == null)
                return;

if (Session.GetHabbo().CurrentRoom == null)
                return;

Room Room = GenerateRoom(Session.GetHabbo().CurrentRoomId);

if (Room == null)
                return;
etc etc

Users who are viewing this thread