Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
I haven't released in a while but here is a new Index

Kryptos for RevCMS [ 80%]
Dizzy for Editing [20%]

Screen shots
5qB5S.png

Download:

4/10 , The sky background does not blend in with the presents. In the css file for the index you should add snow so that it falls down on the screen. The presents kinda look lame for christmas I would expect something more fun. The image repeats itself for ribbon which is just put on top of the presents. Could have been better. Keep working on it!

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Try putting a snow hotel view in da background and put a snow storm fight in the box
I don't think your idea would work all that well the snowstorm and the hotel view are well overused , I liked the creativeness he used with the presents but he needs to put that into something more WINTERish rather then presents.

Jerry

not rly active lol
Jul 8, 2013
You can add this code for the snow effects to fall down though your screen

<SCRIPT type="text/javascript"> // Set the number of snowflakes (more than 30 - 40 not recommended) var snowmax=45 // Set the colors for the snow. Add as many colors as you like var snowcolor=new Array("#aaaacc","#ddddff","#ccccdd","#f3f3f3","#f0ffff") // Set the fonts, that create the snowflakes. Add as many fonts as you like var snowtype=new Array("Times","Arial","Times","Verdana") // Set the letter that creates your snowflake (recommended: * ) var snowletter="*" // Set the speed of sinking (recommended values range from 0.3 to 2) var sinkspeed=0.7 // Set the maximum-size of your snowflakes var snowmaxsize=30 // Set the minimal-size of your snowflakes var snowminsize=8 // Set the snowing-zone // Set 1 for all-over-snowing, set 2 for left-side-snowing // Set 3 for center-snowing, set 4 for right-side-snowing var snowingzone=1 var snow=new Array() var marginbottom var marginright var timer var i_snow=0 var x_mv=new Array(); var crds=new Array(); var lftrght=new Array(); var browserinfos=navigator.userAgent var ie5=document.all&&document.getElementById&&!browserinfos.match(/Opera/) var ns6=document.getElementById&&!document.all var opera=browserinfos.match(/Opera/) var browserok=ie5||ns6||opera function randommaker(range) { rand=Math.floor(range*Math.random()) return rand } function initsnow() { if (ie5 || opera) { marginbottom = document.body.scrollHeight marginright = document.body.clientWidth-15 } else if (ns6) { marginbottom = document.body.scrollHeight marginright = window.innerWidth-15 } var snowsizerange=snowmaxsize-snowminsize for (i=0;i<=snowmax;i++) { crds = 0; lftrght = Math.random()*15; x_mv = 0.03 + Math.random()/10; snow=document.getElementById("s"+i) snow.style.fontFamily=snowtype[randommaker(snowtype.length)] snow.size=randommaker(snowsizerange)+snowminsize snow.style.fontSize=snow.size+'px'; snow.style.color=snowcolor[randommaker(snowcolor.length)] snow.style.zIndex=1000 snow.sink=sinkspeed*snow.size/5 if (snowingzone==1) {snow.posx=randommaker(marginright-snow.size)} if (snowingzone==2) {snow.posx=randommaker(marginright/2-snow.size)} if (snowingzone==3) {snow.posx=randommaker(marginright/2-snow.size)+marginright/4} if (snowingzone==4) {snow.posx=randommaker(marginright/2-snow.size)+marginright/2} snow.posy=randommaker(2*marginbottom-marginbottom-2*snow.size) snow.style.left=snow.posx+'px'; snow.style.top=snow.posy+'px'; } movesnow() } function movesnow() { for (i=0;i<=snowmax;i++) { crds += x_mv; snow.posy+=snow.sink snow.style.left=snow.posx+lftrght*Math.sin(crds)+'px'; snow.style.top=snow.posy+'px'; if (snow.posy>=marginbottom-2*snow.size || parseInt(snow.style.left)>(marginright-3*lftrght)){ if (snowingzone==1) {snow.posx=randommaker(marginright-snow.size)} if (snowingzone==2) {snow.posx=randommaker(marginright/2-snow.size)} if (snowingzone==3) {snow.posx=randommaker(marginright/2-snow.size)+marginright/4} if (snowingzone==4) {snow.posx=randommaker(marginright/2-snow.size)+marginright/2} snow.posy=0 } } var timer=setTimeout("movesnow()",50) } for (i=0;i<=snowmax;i++) { document.write("<span id='s"+i+"' style='position:absolute;top:-"+snowmaxsize+"'>"+snowletter+"</span>") } if (browserok) { window.onload=initsnow } </SCRIPT>

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Hepixhotel

Mar 1, 2013
Erm hello, "I haven't released in a while but here is a new Index". Not your index you only changed images how is that 20% even a beginner can do that.

Tiny

Owner, Swift Industry
Aug 14, 2013
If you don't like it don't comment simple mate.
You know what's commenting?
Lol.... There's a comment box here for the users to share their opinion about the release.

You can't really say "Don't comment if you don't like it" ;)

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
I can if I want (Y)
If you don't want people to share their opinions, and your too much of a hard head to listen to other people give you advice then don't release or share anything because most of these posts are not mean they are constructive criticism and changing 2 images Is not anywhere near 20% try like 2%

Aspiree

Nov 27, 2013
It looks ok , maybe add more of a snowy image to make it look more like Christmas.

Dizzy criticism is good , you can improve from it :D

Tiny

Owner, Swift Industry
Aug 14, 2013
For those who want snow background script:

Users who are viewing this thread