Im turning my old desktop into a dedicated Server?

Jeffrey

Devbest Indian Tech Support
FindRetros Moderator
Feb 5, 2013

This is my speedtest, and i was wondering if i should turn my old desktop into a dedicated server, im going to hook up a ethernet cable to it so it will be a little higher. Any Ideas how i can turn my old desktop into a dedicated server?

Magicalz

Aug 4, 2011
Hi,

I used to do this. Its a good way to sell them on if you want money from it, or to use yourself to host whatever you want on it. Your upload speed is a little low, but not too bad. (compared to mine)

Stack it in a spare room so the noise of the fan dont disturb when youre sleeping ext.

Will be a good way to use it for something else :)

Jeffrey

FindRetros Moderator
Feb 5, 2013
-_- this is over my laptop, not my old desktop i will show it to you after its done setting up :D
The fan is really quiet tho and it wont really bother me since im a deep sleeper..

Aiwa

Forum Lesbian
Jan 6, 2011

This is my speedtest, and i was wondering if i should turn my old desktop into a dedicated server, im going to hook up a ethernet cable to it so it will be a little higher. Any Ideas how i can turn my old desktop into a dedicated server?

I wouldn't bother.

Jeffrey

FindRetros Moderator
Feb 5, 2013
Hmm, Im not really used to Windows XP but is there a CLEAR tut to connect to your internet connection [wired] on windows xp?

Users who are viewing this thread