I'm new here. Can you help me out?

aurothic

Oct 26, 2015
About Me:

My name is Augie. I'm 16, currently a Junior in high school. I live in Florida and currently attend University of West Florida taking an introductory class to C++. I wouldn't say I'm a returning member, but I do remember skimming back in the day and loosely following a tutorial I found on YouTube on how to setup a Retro.

Why I'm here:

I've recently become more interested in retro development, and would like to enter the scene. My largest problem, is that as an introductory user, there doesn't seem to be a lot of clear information floating around. What I'd like to do is talk with some volunteers from the community that are willing, and collect information from them. With this, it is my goal to compile it all and make it available to the public.

Things some of you may take for granted these days, are still foreign to me, and I'm willing to bet countless others. I've tried contacting people, but in the end it usually falls back on them wanting to make money.

If you'd like to help:

If there are some of you out there, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks for reading :)

Evilsmoothie

Mad kung-fu artist
Feb 11, 2013

I'm not sure what you're actually asking for. Could you be more specific? Like, are you atempting to write a good tutorial or something?

aurothic

Oct 26, 2015
First off, my apologies for not being extremely active on replying to this thread.

I didn't mean to be so extremely vague, what I mean by retro development, is exactly that. Everything encompassing this topic. Web server wise, to emulator wise. I want to learn the history behind them, what each part does, and maybe down the line start creating some of my own content. Tutorials could definitely be a thing that I could create with this information. But right now I'm focusing on compiling everything together. One way I thought I could tackle this, was with a wiki.

SOUL

┼ ┼ ┼
Nov 10, 2015
First off, my apologies for not being extremely active on replying to this thread.

I didn't mean to be so extremely vague, what I mean by retro development, is exactly that. Everything encompassing this topic. Web server wise, to emulator wise. I want to learn the history behind them, what each part does, and maybe down the line start creating some of my own content. Tutorials could definitely be a thing that I could create with this information. But right now I'm focusing on compiling everything together. One way I thought I could tackle this, was with a wiki.

Right , tbh I think you would join emulation software more so what i'd reccomend is downloading "Mango" emu it's very clean and neat and easy to read , set up a localhost retro and edit the source test inputs outputs see how the structures and classes works and if you're still interested look further in to "C# tutorials"

I'd recommend starting here it covers alot of aspects of what you'll need to know. (Ps Get visual studios)

Users who are viewing this thread