[IIS] MySQL Error

Clit

Posting Freak
Feb 25, 2012
Followed Vineen's tutorial.
Done everything exactly.
I am getting this error while trying to connect to my server on the server via RDC.
I never once connected. I had this problem last night, I thought I might have done something wrong in installation, so I reinstalled windows.
FJRK.png

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Had the same problem. You can try this:
1) Restart VPS and test again, doesn't work? See 2.

2) Delete both Connector as MySQL Windows 5.1, reinstall them, and restart VPS.

HabPRO

HabPRO Hotel: The comeback!
May 17, 2012
It should work as there are testimonials over the tutorial saying it works. Something should be blocking port 3306, you should also add an exception for that port.

Try what Stewieh said, however sometimes uninstalling MySQL gets you in trouble as it leaves necessary files and when you re-install it you get errors. Not unless you used Microsoft Web Platform Installer first on installing MySQL, then you could try out the MySQL installer provided on .

brsy

nah mang
May 12, 2011
It should work as there are testimonials over the tutorial saying it works. Something should be blocking port 3306, you should also add an exception for that port.

Try what Stewieh said, however sometimes uninstalling MySQL gets you in trouble as it leaves necessary files and when you re-install it you get errors. Not unless you used Microsoft Web Platform Installer first on installing MySQL, then you could try out the MySQL installer provided on .
HabPro knows what he's talking about. Uninstalling MySQL can cause major issues.

iHarrison

Mar 11, 2012
You just need to remove the MySQL folder from C:\ProgramData before you re-install it again, or else it'll have the same pass, etc.

Also, try heading into services and see if you can start it.

HabPRO

HabPRO Hotel: The comeback!
May 17, 2012
Does your host allow remote MYSQL connection? Mine was doing just the same, and then i found out that my host didn't allow it
This could be possible. Some hosts doesn't allow external connections executed by programs, such as Phoenix and others, and others are whitelisted.

Users who are viewing this thread