IIS Error

iLuzDemSkittles

Jun 18, 2015
I have been getting this error, for a while now.I've been asking people to do it for me. Now i want to learn how to fix it instead of asking people every other day. Now here it is.

Now can someone please reply quickly, trying to get this hotel running quickly.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
500 error is usually a setup within the VPS thats wrong (missing or wrong configuration between but not limited to: mysql , iis, mysql connector, url rewrite or any other add ons that you put on IIS. There are certain features that need to be installed.
Usually a 404 error is complete incorrect setup

Getting this error I tried to fix my pool application because I was having the 500 error within my pool application after multiple attempts at trying to setup I found that my normal Xampp (Which is what I prefer) setup smoothly and there was not problems. SO if you ask me, you can either try to reconfigure your IIS OR try to switch to xampp. You can find my thread on devbest to help setup Xampp securely, both IIS and Xampp work great and have the same output. IIS is more module driven while Xampp is configuration. My tutorial will walk you thru how to setup the xampp to avoid player being able to do things to your website you do not wish which are setup as default accessible because Xampp is used for developmental purposes :) Best of luck with the hotel when you manage to get it working!

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Hi there!
Try download Visual Studio Community 2015:
:)
Stop. Please. Delete your post. Visual Studio 2015 is a server development tool used to code projects, not to setup a hotel especially with IIS errors.
Programs needed on the VPS to run a hotel are already preinstalled and if you didn't uninstall any microsoft things then you don't need to do worry about it.
My VPS is running 2008 and here is what I have:

B9zln4L.png

Last edited:

Mastah

the funny thing is \r\n i did
Oct 25, 2010
1. Use NGINX

I can help you set up NGINX on your Windows servers - People say that it's hard but it's easier than you ever thought and better!

Last edited by a moderator:

HumancentiPad

Aug 6, 2015
I don't use XAMPP because it's bad as simple as it is, you're hotel is as mentioned above vulnerable for attacks. And you're able to take a hotel with XAMPP down with a simple DOS attack. Now there are people who are willing to do that if they don't get anything from you and so is my advice not to use XAMPP but to have a compare check on NGINX & IIS and once you've chosen the right one to comment again. Because I'm able to help you with getting it all set-up and getting it improved so you don't have any problems and so that you know where you can edit and where you need to go to if you need to do anything important.

I'd say use NGINX over IIS but doing a comparity check first is better for you to make a good decision that will make your hotel a big succes and which will let the users come and notgo like they do on Jay's hotel or what he claimed to have been running which is obvious non-sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
I don't use XAMPP because it's bad as simple as it is, you're hotel is as mentioned above vulnerable for attacks. And you're able to take a hotel with XAMPP down with a simple DOS attack. Now there are people who are willing to do that if they don't get anything from you and so is my advice not to use XAMPP but to have a compare check on NGINX & IIS and once you've chosen the right one to comment again. Because I'm able to help you with getting it all set-up and getting it improved so you don't have any problems and so that you know where you can edit and where you need to go to if you need to do anything important.

I'd say use NGINX over IIS but doing a comparity check first is better for you to make a good decision that will make your hotel a big succes and which will let the users come and notgo like they do on Jay's hotel or what he claimed to have been running which is obvious non-sense.
vulnerable for attacks. And you're able to take a hotel with XAMPP down with a simple DOS attack. -- You are able to take down any hotel regardless whether they you IIS, Xampp or NGINX So before you post trying to help someone else get your facts straight. Your webserver has nothing to do with how hard people hit your IP and the rate at which your VPS can take it. I have used Xampp for years and have never been booted/hacked on any of my hotels, I have setup hotels with IIS and same results. All 3 web servers work great and the security of which all depends on the developer and how he sets them up.. Xampp comes with certain security measures disabled and WebDav (Remote Access) enabled. NGINX has the option to do this but it comes pre-disabled.

HumancentiPad

Aug 6, 2015
I suggest you go back to your cloud of dreams because you're talking a load of non-sense. You're able to take down Apache with a SSYN attack, you're not able to take down NGINX with a SSYN attack but with a JOOMLA attack method you can and that's a simple fact. Because software that's from Microsoft is weak and it always have been and they will never do a update on it because you need to buy protection such as reverse-proxies and strong web-server firewalls and all that non-sense in order to get your website fully protected but than you'll lose a lot of spare money that you need to stick in your server bills.

But I won't put any attention no more in to you since you're the type of child who thinks that he's knowing everything better than others and who like to put others down saying that they lack knowledge while you're the one lacking knowledge here but that's not my problem and that's nobody's problem you just go live your dream life.

If you need any help @OP say so I'd be glad to help you out with anything! ( I don't do XAMPP Support )

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread