IIS 7.5 Detailer Error 403

Dentho10

Sep 23, 2012
The Web server is configured to not list the contents of this directory.

Anybody wanna help me with this?? i have downloaded everything, such as URL rewrite but this weird error comes up. Otherwise viewing the welcome and index iis works.. any help..?

TinyBuilder

Bike ✔
Mar 19, 2012
It’s easy. You have to enable directory browsing in IIS (mine IIS 7.0).
Step1: Just open the IIS, by typing “inetmgr” in the run window.
Step2: You have to enable Directory browsing at the top level of the root node. Double click on the directory browsing and click enable link.

enable directory browsing in IIS 7.0
May be you have to do this for Default Web Site node as well.
I thought, I did enough to run my WCF service in the browser. But it is still giving me some more problems.
This time the error was
The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension configuration.
After googling, people are talking about this issue, but they are talking in VS2005/2008 context. But I have VS Web Developer Express 2008 edition on VISTA.
But I translated them and did the following steps to register my .SVC extension.
Step 1:
Start -> All programs -> Microsoft Windows SDK v6.1 -> CMD Shell

Step 2: Navigate to C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0\Windows Communication Foundation
Step 3: Run servicemodelreg –i
That’s it. You are all done.
Apparently when IIS 7 is installed they don’t turn everything on for you and so you are required to do this to run WCF on your machine.
Hopefully this will save some frustration and time for someone out there. Keep it cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

🌙  Switch to Dark Theme

Latest posts