[Ideas]

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Hey Guys,

Does anyone know (I don't need code - just need to be pointed in the right place) how to make clothes load faster?? Possible to load them in the background? How would I do so? Is that all controlled in the habbo.swf?

Thanks
Jay

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
I don't see what you would modify in the SWF to make the clothes "load faster" unless you're going to keep the loading bar until every clothing SWF is loaded (only way I can see it being done).

There are more logical approaches to making your flash content load faster on your website and one of them is to just use a web server (something like nginx) to cache static web content like SWF's and boom, faster load?

I just can't see what you would change in the habbo swf to make the flash content "load faster" because at the end of the day if your server (network speed, etc) isn't the contention (say you're using an nginx server to host cached flash content) then it'd be a problem at the user-end and their network speed, etc (which is still your problem ig.).

I do notice how Habbo does load multiple clothing swfs at a time, and if you read the thread I linked below it's pretty clear that SWF files aren't really anything lightweight and go through many transitions in the loading process. I see newer hotels adding a bunch of custom clothing and it just slows their whole client down (they're NOT caching as well).

My advice:
Use a web server that'll cache your flash content.
Cut back on custom clothing unless you're putting it in the catalogue, because then it won't be loaded until a user is wearing it, or a user reaches its cata page.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Well currently the clothes are not loaded until after the user opens up the clothing ui and they load when the user selects the parent tab.

I want to load them in the background after the room gets loaded preferably. Then when the user opens the clothing ui, the clothes are all loaded and ready to go

Mikee

Jul 8, 2017
Well currently the clothes are not loaded until after the user opens up the clothing ui and they load when the user selects the parent tab.

I want to load them in the background after the room gets loaded preferably. Then when the user opens the clothing ui, the clothes are all loaded and ready to go
the only viable option i see is finding the packet that responds to opening the clothing section and seeing how it runs. Then on GameClient.cs or wherever the user is loaded up when they open client, run that packet in the background (write to it) as soon as possible after they've opened they've opened the client. But don't open the actual UI for it. at this point it'll keep loading while they're in hotel view until they get into welcome room and you can then hope by that time most of the stuff has loaded when they click on it.

Users who are viewing this thread