Ideal CMS? || Can I pick your brain?

Occult

Oct 14, 2011
G'day folks. Basically, I return home from my gap year abroad in around 2 months and I've been planning on writing up a CMS from scratch. Frankly, the community is in the shitter and I want to do my part to contribute and hopefully provide an alternative to RevCMS and UberCMS that is fresh, professional and reliable.
I consider myself to be a perfectionist and quite professional, so I hope to bring you a clean CMS with no faults or bugs.

However, I need your collective opinions and suggestions; what is your ideal CMS?
What features would you like to see? Is the textbook Habbo layout what you desire, or do you have ideas for a different layout in mind - a more unique layout?

All of your feedback is greatly appreciated... PLEASE BE AS DETAILED AS POSSIBLE.

matthewminikin

Nov 1, 2012
Clean, tidy, fresh looking (not as in Fresh hotel).

Basically I like a CMS that isn't messy. For example Zap or Fresh CMS would be my ideal ones, Bootstrap style could also be used to make it look a bit cleaner if you so wish.

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
The ideal content management system for me would be one that has a beautiful and clean back-end as well as a great looking/tidy/neat front-end.

No clutter, no unnecessary code or content, no ads, no nooby add-ons or such, maybe use the Bootstrap framework to give it a good looking front-end, but then again, Bootstrap is too mainstream. Make it modern, use MySQLi or PDO, which ever you prefer (I personally go with MySQLi). Provide what the user wants, maybe hand over features that other developers couldn't include onto their work, something users strive for. Make it lightweight, easy to edit and customize and probably, even base and build on.

No noob mistakes, no exploits, no back-doors (security comes first), just a clean and beautiful system. There are a lot of stuff I can still dig into and advice you to preform, but in my opinion, this is enough. I wish you good luck, and I really hope you're not just empty talk and I hope you don't start this and quit it in the middle.

Best of luck.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread