HTML/CSS

TrueJewix

Aug 9, 2012
Hello My brothers and sister!
How are you doing today?
God Bless.

I want to start coding in HTML & CSS (hopefully in other languages) where should I start, how long will it take me, I want to become a professional at it.. Thank you for your time!

Magic

Posting Freak
Oct 11, 2012
Grab a book and check out
Wouldn't be to quick to suggest him w3 school. I had trouble understanding there tutorials and it wasn't very in depth.
Try
That's how I learned, but if you find that w3 schools works for you than go ahead.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Everyone learns their own way, it's best to try out various methods. I learnt with w3 to start and a few YouTube videos here and there. (Just to get the grips of things) - I hated CA and the way they tell you to do stuff. Anyway it's personal - I also find blog posts pretty helpful and they're lying around the web everywhere.

cxdy

PHP Developer
Jun 8, 2014
Wouldn't be to quick to suggest him w3 school. I had trouble understanding there tutorials and it wasn't very in depth.
Try
That's how I learned, but if you find that w3 schools works for you than go ahead.
I can't believe I recommended w3schools. But Codecademy kinda sucks too. It doesn't teach you correctly.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Just to add on to what others have said about w3schools - If you are going to use that, don't go through all the tutorials and say "I can now do html/css" etc, think of that site as a kickstarter to get you into the field - or at least that's how I look upon it anyway.

After that start looking at blog posts that are dedicated to specific things within CSS (border-radius, short-hand methods and so on)

Magic

Posting Freak
Oct 11, 2012
You won't learn it in one place, ease into it and as Sysode said focus on particular areas.
CodeAcademy is a real hands on experience but w3schools covers quite a lot just with a little bit less interactive style.

Users who are viewing this thread