HTML/CSS div problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Hi.

I got a anoying HTML/CSS problem, and I'm sure somebody with HTML/CSS experience will see the problem in a second. This is the problem: the divs where you see "CONTENT" and "test1/test" need to be on top the other div. However it is going underbeneath it ( ).

index.php:
global.css:

Hope you guys can help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Jo$h

Posting Freak
Jul 7, 2010
Depending on what you're doing, you should really try to avoid using the position: absolute; property unless you are positioning something at the head of the page. When you use position: absolute;, changing the browser size can create unexpected results.

Li1M0ST3Rz

I <3 Bianca
Sep 13, 2010
you need make another image to complete menubalk and add this to content_right
PHP:
    background-image: url(images/IMAGE NAME;D.png);
    background-repeat:x-repeat;
But remove "top" at global.css
or if your lazy:
PHP:
#content_right {
    color: #FFF;
    top: 200px;
    float: right;
    width: 180px;
}

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
you need make another image to complete menubalk and add this to content_right
PHP:
    background-image: url(images/IMAGE NAME;D.png);
    background-repeat:x-repeat;
But remove "top" at global.css

The menubalk is complete, and content_right doesn't have to have a background. Everything worked before I tried to add a content_right.

Depending on what you're doing, you should really try to avoid using the position: absolute; property unless you are positioning something at the head of the page. When you use position: absolute;, changing the browser size can create unexpected results.
Removing the position:absolute; out of the CSS didn't change a thing.

Jo$h

Posting Freak
Jul 7, 2010
The menubalk is complete, and content_right doesn't have to have a background. Everything worked before I tried to add a content_right.

Removing the position:absolute; out of the CSS didn't change a thing.
It was completely irrelevant to the OP.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
nobody else got any idea? 
Alright so I found out this problem, it was because I everywhere did height: 100%, but only at one spot I did height: auto. Changed that to 100%, and now it works...

BUT. I now got another problem. The content_bg div has become huge... and when I delete height:100% from #content_bg, the old problem comes back.

Anyone got any idea? It's weird shit.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Don't set the height property at all and see how it works.
Already did, it goes back to the first problem. But I'm sick of fixing it, and I'm searching for someone who can re-code it (ofcourse with a reward if he does it right).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread