How you got your life as a Gamer or a Programmer and your story.

Cancer

Graphics Designer
Jul 9, 2014
I started to become a League gamer 4 years ago and I've been to a few champions ships around Indian and Australia and the latest one with my team I went to was New Zeland where we beat a Asian team and got 1000$ each and we spent loads of money that day :) basically how I came a gamer was when I was little use to play games a lot and then I found League and it changed my life and soon I'm going to have to move on and either keep gaming as a Job or move to the Police force as my Dad wants me too.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
I started a Piczo site about 12 years ago an used to love the JavaScript codes people would release so you can have them on your site and I always wanted to learn how to make my own so I eventually got into web development.

Then I came across a few Habbo retros on Piczo and checked them out, wanted to make my own so I then joined RZ and learned how to code in VB to make a server.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
I got grounded for doing something naughty. So went on the computer for once (I'm being serious!), went on Miniclip (as you did when you were younger and bored). And saw some faggot in a red suit, named Frank. Asking me to come and check in to Habbo Hotel. Later on a friend taught me how to make a retro and now I am the Habbo Pope.

Ept

Many men wish death upon me.
Jun 16, 2011
I got grounded for doing something naughty. So went on the computer for once (I'm being serious!), went on Miniclip (as you did when you were younger and bored). And saw some faggot in a red suit, named Frank. Asking me to come and check in to Habbo Hotel. Later on a friend taught me how to make a retro and now I am the Habbo Pope.
You went from being a naughty whore to a pope. Props.

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
I started really getting into games back in 2004 or so when I played RuneScape, as some of my friends played it, along with my cousins. Then in 2005 my step brother at the time introduced me to Habbo, as his friend played it. As someone who used Habbo fansites, I really wanted to create my own, so I started learning basic HTML/CSS in 2006 or 2007, which is the reason I initially bought the domain "thehabbos.org". From there I learned about retros, and that intrigued me even more, that it was possible to emulate something that I really liked, so I created my own retro using sites like Piczo and Freewebs, and from there I learned alot. Eventually I put a top site script on "thehabbos.org", as "theretros.com" or whatever it was called at the time was not maintained, and I thought I could do a better job. I then constantly updated that, and learned a lot. Since then I've gotten into other games like CoD, Minecraft and LoL.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Started in a pretty similar way to @Markshall just without the booze.

Anyway, started off on webs and similar sites making sites and found it pretty interesting, started enjoying how javascript and lines of "code" could change an entire page so I started learning HTML. Sure, Retros appeared somewhere in the story but I can't recall then, all I know is that my first genuine sites were retro fansites (hella awful) but then went on from there. This is just the short summary but I'll spare all the boring parts.

Quite proud to say that now I'm getting work offers (freelancing) a fair bit and in contact with some high names in tech business and also pursuing my project and transforming that in to a profitable business. Let's see how it goes from here ey?

Edit: Oh, there is always time for some LoL to get played - or any game that my mates play tbh, for the fun of it. Yeah I'm not that great but who needs to be good at games nowadays?

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Played many games as a kid, continued to play games.
I played habbo as a kid.
Then in 07 my brother was playing a retro and loads of rares and I presumed it was the real habbo but it turned out it was a free version (habbzo), so I played that then wanted to make my own, so as a noob I downloaded all the shit needed to make a retro.
Then I wanted to be different from other hotels so started to modify the css, then as time went on I wanted to learn how to build websites

Snappy

^^^^UpHosting^^^^
Aug 29, 2013
Wasn't really to computer based as a kid (im still a kid 14) But when I was 11 I watched the movie the social network at this time I was also playing Habbo I searched games like habbo but free I then found my first ever retro Blah, HabboH and Fresh! I played for about 6 months then I kind of matured and started off with Hamachi shit PhoenixCF retros then moved on to rev cms etc... I then got in the FB retro community and started working at a hosting company I then bought my own dedi and set it up with solusVM etc I know only stick to web-design and have a upcoming project Snappy!

Rogify

Dec 15, 2013
I started playing Crash Bandicoot, resident evil and NHL on Playstation 1, I was 3 back then. then I moved to PS2 when I was maybe 4. I started habbo back in 2006, stopped it, started playing it again in 2009, my friend from habbo introduced me to retros like blah and HabPlus. Oh I used to play Runescape from 2005 to 2012, and still get on eventually. I played retros like ALOT, I owned pretty famous club, (approx. 40-50 on there), then I did quit, started again in 2012, then I "joined" the retro community, as I wasnt that big noob anymore. On 2013 I moved on RP's and was staff on RP first time (on WreckedRP). Then I was staff in many other noob RP's like global, nation and all these. This year, I havent played any retros that much, but im still active on the community and currently making my own RP with my friends. lets see what the future's going to bring us ! :rasta:

Lotus

Legacy, it's all anyone leaves behind.
Jun 8, 2012
I got in to Habbo while a child at the age of 7, Trolled some girls that wanted in stupid terms "pixel sex", Then I wanted to make my own Retro. I didn't know how till like 2009, when I made my first V26 Hotel, which was definitley fun because I had loads of users to chill with, Then Retros Became R63 which was even more fun because there was more of an easy use and navigation around the hotel. R63B came out and I never gave a fuk so I got in to RP's in 2013 started playing them when Fabbo came out ( I think 2008?) After that I've lost intrest in Habbo Retros and opt to now just play and help people. My Life as a gamer begun on PSP in like 2006 or 2007, whilist playing GTA: LCS, Pretty fun, gettin bish's in ur car and losing money, playing with cheats lol. Now I got Xbox 1 & 360 PS4 and 3 and a PSP still.

Blueoptic

Time Is Money
Jun 23, 2014
Sega system > Playstation 1,2 > Wasnt a full gamer, until "Call of Duty World At War". "Nazi Zombies". And, buying a ps3.

Users who are viewing this thread