How to Setup a Minecraft Beta SMP Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeisa

May 4, 2011
This is a tutorial for people who have a premium account on , and not for those who have a cracked copy of the game as this will not work!

1. First off we shall go here to download the official server software

2. Make a folder in your desktop and put the exe file in there.

3. Open the exe file and let the server do its work until it says
Code:
[INFO] Done (some numbers+ns)! For help, type "help" or "?"

4. Close the server

Note!: If you wish to make this hamachi then keep reading, and if you want to make this non hamachi, then you must portforward port TCP,UDP Port 25565.

Part 2 : Configuring the Server

1. Open a file called server (properties file) and look for text that says :
Code:
server-ip=

Here you will put your hamachi address or 127.0.0.1 if you wish to make it non - hamachi.

2. Save file and close it.

3. Startup server again, and wait till it says
Code:
[INFO] Done (some numbers+ns)! For help, type "help" or "?"

4. You're done!

If you want to connect to your server then type in 127.0.0.1 in the ip address if yours is non hamachi or type in your hamachi address if your using hamachi.

Have fun!

Tutorial made by me (Jeisa)

Mastah

the funny thing is \r\n i did
Oct 25, 2010
I'd say that this isent your tutorial, you obviously got it of internet, but if its not then this is a very great tut

Jeisa

May 4, 2011
I'd say that this isent your tutorial, you obviously got it of internet, but if its not then this is a very great tut

Lolol it is mine, why would I copy and paste, all I gotta do is type up some words, not that hard. Its obviously mine.

Mastah

Oct 25, 2010
Show me one that looks like mine

Well someone made an tutorial how to make a delta, minecraft serrver and that also whas from the itnernet or even from the minecraft website so still i wouldnt believe it

Jeisa

May 4, 2011
Well someone made an tutorial how to make a delta, minecraft serrver and that also whas from the itnernet or even from the minecraft website so still i wouldnt believe it

Believe what you want, I don't copy other threads, and if I did, I would give credit, and that would only be if the info was greatly necessary to the community. There wasn't a tutorial on how to create a minecraft server detailed, so I spent 5 minutes typing it up. I don't see the necessity to go and look for another tutorial just to get your post count up. All I wanted to do was help out people who didn't know how to set it up, as I have experience with them. Thanks.

Mastah

Oct 25, 2010
Ok nice tutorial then i will be sure to use this now/

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010
Pretty nice tutorial, i just got the problem for a while back that if i put my IP in the server properties the entire server stopped working. And also, you can make it non-premium by turning "online-mode=true" to false. But that requires users to play offline and with a cracked minecraft launcher. Other than that, i would use this tutorial anytime if i didn't already know how to setup a minecraft server. Cheers mate!

Jeisa

May 4, 2011
Pretty nice tutorial, i just got the problem for a while back that if i put my IP in the server properties the entire server stopped working. And also, you can make it non-premium by turning "online-mode=true" to false. But that requires users to play offline and with a cracked minecraft launcher. Other than that, i would use this tutorial anytime if i didn't already know how to setup a minecraft server. Cheers mate!

Thanks bro! Really appreciate feedback :) And yea I didn't want to add the turn "online-mode=false" just because it would lose the legitness. hahahaha

You need java though to use it if you want to know.

Yeah you would but since I expect you already playing minecraft, then that means you have java installed :) And also the server isnt .jar its .exe

Mastah

Oct 25, 2010
Thanks bro! Really appreciate feedback :) And yea I didn't want to add the turn "online-mode=false" just because it would lose the legitness. hahahaha

Yeah you would but since I expect you already playing minecraft, then that means you have java installed :) And also the server isnt .jar its .exe

Just a little suggestion do not double post, if you want to make another post then edit your other post and put that there

Jeisa

May 4, 2011
Just a little suggestion do not double post, if you want to make another post then edit your other post and put that there

Yeah realized that, thanks though always forget D:

rawrr

Jun 4, 2011
Q: Does it post to keep saying, [INFO] Preparing spond area>?>>??

Thanks,
Nick.

Mastah

Oct 25, 2010
Q: Does it post to keep saying, [INFO] Preparing spond area>?>>??

Thanks,
Nick.
What do you mean with ''Does this post keep saying [INFO] Prepaering spond erea where are you talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread