How to set up a retro in 2023 (IIS) (Nitro HTML5) - (Part 3)

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
.env has a force https, alao Cloudflare has a " always https" setting
Post automatically merged:

try following the nitro clone step again, I had missed a command before
On localhost and not using Cloudflare. FORCE_HTTPS is already set to false. Tried switching PUSHER_SCHEME from "https" to "http" with no luck. Client still tries to GET

Still trying to figure out how to self-sign to enable HTTPS instead on localhost... so far no dice...

captaincrypto

Jul 1, 2023
.env has a force https, alao Cloudflare has a " always https" setting

try following the nitro clone step again, I had missed a command before
I fixed it and made it work. now the only issue is when I create a room .its black.

Attachments

• Screenshot (74).png
    Screenshot (74).png
    153.7 KB · Views: 19

captaincrypto

Jul 1, 2023
make sure you use nitro dev branch if you use the assets provided in 2023 hotel files
Sorry how does that work ? Yes I am using the 2023 hotel files you provided, what did I do wrong, what do you mean with "Nitro Dev branch"

Sorry how does that work ? Yes I am using the 2023 hotel files you provided, what did I do wrong, what do you mean with "Nitro Dev branch"
Can I get a few step instructions on what I need to do if possible please.

mark472

Jun 15, 2014
Getting the following error when trying to do the yarn stuff.

You must be registered for see images attach

Object

?
Nov 10, 2017
How do I switch to " nitro dev branch" any help is appreciated been stuck here 4 days
The "Clone nitro" part makes you
use dev branch , you can just follow that 😊 I thinknu might have followed it before I made it use dev branch as I had forgotten to put a command a few days ago.

mark472

Jun 15, 2014
Getting the following error when trying to do the yarn stuff.

@Object

Still having the issue im not sure, but it seems like the dev part isn't really working either.
I did copy and paste the whole command.

Object

?
Nov 10, 2017
@Object

Still having the issue im not sure, but it seems like the dev part isn't really working either.
I did copy and paste the whole command.

you didnt checkout develop, but dev, which doesnt exists - hence the continued issue. I had put it wrongly, try "git checkout develop" and then yarn install etc.

Last edited:

mark472

Jun 15, 2014
you didnt checkout develop, but dev, which doesnt exists - hence the continued issu. I had put it wronly, try git checkout develop and then yarn ibstall etc.

Followed the steps, i did manage to get further this time since i started all over.
I still get a white client tho, also i don't seem to get a dist folder?
I'd assume its the public folder within nitro-react? if so then i did set the path correctly in the .env

Would love to hear from you.

Last edited:

Object

?
Nov 10, 2017
Followed the steps, i did manage to get further this time since i started all over.
I'd assume its the public folder within nitro-react? if so then i did set the path correctly in the .env

once you compile, you will receive a dist folder withing the nitro-react folder 😊

That is if you use the develop branch if you use the "main" branch it'd be named "build" once compiled

mark472

Jun 15, 2014
once you compile, you will receive a dist folder withing the nitro-react folder 😊

That is if you use the develop branch if you use the "main" branch it'd be named "build" once compiled

Ran the commands again, no errors or anything, but still no dist folder. Id asume i used the main branch, do i switch over to dev?

Last edited:

Object

?
Nov 10, 2017
Ran the commands again, no errors or anything, but still no dist folder. Id asume i used the main branch, do i switch over to dev?

yea u used main. to use dev, write git checkout develop

mark472

Jun 15, 2014
yea u used main. to use dev, write git checkout develop
I installed the Dev one, i got the dist folder aswell right now.
I followed the rest of the steps change the index.html etc and also the env. settings for client.

But when i run my emulator and try to startup the client its still white and nothing else happens.

Object

?
Nov 10, 2017

Inside the index.html that you can find inside the dist folder. try to add a . (dot) infront if any asset it loads in the head tag (just like you did with the configs).

Please let me know if it solves the issue, so i can update the guide, once im back from my holidays 😊

mark472

Jun 15, 2014
Inside the index.html that you can find inside the dist folder. try to add a . (dot) infront if any asset it loads in the head tag (just like you did with the configs).

Please let me know if it solves the issue, so i can update the guide, once im back from my holidays 😊

This did do something, its just that theres text above a black screen client. It does how in the emu that im connecting.
Also sorry to bother you with this on your holiday ^^ Hope you enjoy.

Also getting slight errors in the emu

Last edited:

Object

?
Nov 10, 2017
This did do something, its just that theres text above a black screen client. It does how in the emu that im connecting.
Also sorry to bother you with this on your holiday ^^ Hope you enjoy.

send.me a screenshot of ur index.html from the dist folder 😊

Users who are viewing this thread